Bought new car.... missing options. What should I do?

2fewoptions

Reaction score
Here are the facts:

We just bought a new un-registered A6 Avant.

The spec sheet I was given in the dealership listed the £3k advanced tech pack which includes automatic cruise control.

We specifically wanted that option, the salesman sold this car to me on the basis of that, they knew that I did a lot of road trips and cross country driving.

Picked up car last week... doesn't have the option. The dealership offered me a refund or a new build. I've said we want exactly what we paid for. otherwise what is the point in spending so much money?

Now the other pisser to this whole situation is that I've got a big road trip planned this friday, eurotunnel tickets and hotels already booked. Looking at around 4000 miles. I specifically bought this car with the plan to take it away.

I've also got a trip in August to the south of France for my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary, I'm the designated driver who's filling my car with presents to take down for everyone. Along with a few stops on the way back, that's gonna be another 2000 miles.

So looking at putting between 6-8k miles on the car before September, which is their estimated delivery date. They haven't confirmed whether that would be OK.... but based on all this information, what do you all think?

Im so annoyed, I specifically bought this car with a couple of trips already booked and paid for, and promises made to family in terms of moving presents.

I'm also stressed that should I even get 1 paint chip they will turn around and cancel the offer saying I've already driven the car. So annoying. I know these are 1st world problems but I just cant help but feel that way given my situation.

i wouldnt accept the car
if its not what you want

There was another member who ordered a new build car a few years back that never got the car he ordered. The dealer told him to take the new car as it is and use it whilst a new order was placed for the correct vehicle, and they would just take the wrong car back when the new one arrives.

I know a guy who ordered a brand spanking new A6 Avant in white, he ordered it well in advance with full spec to make sure he was one of the first people to have one in White on the road! On the day of pickup, it was the wrong spec and model, and he rejected it, kicking up a fuss and got the sales guy sacked!<he's a rich guy!> Got the correct car eventually a few months later still...

If i was you id be making a lot of noise and not come from there till i had somewhere around the deal Jojo posted above.

its all their fault to put right, id take any proof of tickets you may have for the road trip you have planned.
if you not satisfied with the outcome tell them you will take the matter further when you come home.

i would send the car back and demand a like for like (or better) courtacy car! a nice brand new q7 maybe.
at least until your new one comes. do your road trips in comfort and ease.