Average selling timeframes

V8Guzzler

Reaction score
Hello fellow peeps...

Quick survey if you please.

For those that have recently sold a car how long did you have it on the market for before it sold?

18 months for the S4.

48 hours for the Golf GTI I took in px...

I think it all comes down to what car you are selling, and how you have priced it? I had a MINT BMW 1 series sat on my drive for 6 odd months, tried to sell it for 2 months at a silly price, and still got much much lower offers, despite having good quality pics of the car inside and out fully valeted it was like new! Then had it sitting outside of house for 3 months, as the owner wanted to export it to Oz, when his application failed, it was up for sale again.

Stuck a For Sale ad in the car with a £500 price drop and parked it outside my shop.... sold it in 2 days to a guy over the road!

Ha.

I think with the S4 it'll be a lot to do with the price really. My S4 wasn't really aggressivley advertised, just thrown on a few forums, occasionally on Gumtree, and even a couple spells on Autotrader / Ebay. But that was over the 18 months.

Over that whole time, it was the cheapest one in the country for about a year, then it settled at what I needed for it, when prices started getting seriously low.

You could be lucky, and get a call tomorrow for yours, or you could have it up for a year. If you want a quick sale, be prepared for a serious drop in money. I was lucky mine was spotted by a 21 year old with an amazing insurance quote, or else it would still be in my garage.

Sold my E46 330d Sport. High spec, leathers, cruise, PDC, MFSW, Levelling and light washers etc.

Had it up for 3 weeks, only 1 viewer, who thankfully bought it. Dropped the price as well, was cheap for the amount of car it was. FSH, taxed and tested.

Hmmm well - ad on here, TSN, Fleabay, Gumtree, PH, and AT - plus will advertise with a FOR SALE sign in the car... I am not asking over the odds to be fair - £6250 is what Ill let her go for thats all she owes me... BARGAIN lol

link to ebay add ?

Hmmm well - ad on here, TSN, Fleabay, Gumtree, PH, and AT - plus will advertise with a FOR SALE sign in the car... I am not asking over the odds to be fair - £6250 is what Ill let her go for thats all she owes me... BARGAIN lol

If it's the S4 you are selling, unfortunately, with the prices of petrol only going upwards, 4.2 V8's are not exactly high on everyone's desirable list!

The 1-series I was selling was high spec in rare pearl black, but it was a 116i! If it was a 120d, I would have sold it 10 times or more in 6 months!

I would say its priced fairly. But if you really want it to sell fast, it'll probably be easier starting with a 5. But depends on how you want to play it, as no matter what you advertise it for, folks will be wanting at least £500 off that.

Probably wouldn't advertise my V8 with pics of the fuel light on though, lol.

Sold.. Deposit paid.. Been great fun in this forum and helped me out loads. Thank you all very much. I am now pounding the Landy Zone quite often as the Range isnt quite as reliable as the S4. I maybe back one day. Cheers