Out of these cars what would you choose???

S3-Oski

Reaction score
Hi I am now looking for a new car, having enjoyed my Audi 8l S3 for 3-4 years now,
I was defiantly going to replace it with an 8p S3 but have decided on a bigger car now.

If you had 20k to spend on a car, insurance and fuel not a problem,
The cars that I have alot of interest in are,
Audi rs4
E60 m5
Audi S5

I have yet to drive any apart from have a good look at a rs4 in my local audi dealers which was stunning, but was too much out of my budget @29k.

I was wondering peoples views of the above,

RS4 or S5.

I drove a E60 M5 once .. Had fun with the launch control but I wouldn't buy a BMW after having an Audi ;)

4.2 v8 S5 any day but then it depends on practicality 2 door coupe or 4 door saloon.

Hi mate out of interest why would you choose the s5? The s5 interior seems the best out of the three from what I have seen, but is the least powerful of them,

The S5 and RS4 are very similar in size and shape but I like the 2 door coupe
e63b55ae.jpg

and you can get a S5 with these not buckets but I think they are equally as nice
4431c653.jpg

Also does the RS4 not come with the same 4.2 v8 as the S5. I think both are just as rare as each other.

Hi mate thanks for the reply, from my limited understanding the rs4 and s5 both have the 4.2 but the rs4 has more power? also the s5 can have another engine I think.

Really liking the s5,

Other than the 4.2 v8 what other big engine is in the S5

Answered own question using auto trader. The 5.2 v10 is in the R8

So if the RS4 and S5 have the same V8 why make the RS4 more powerful when they 2 cars appeal to different markets

Last edited:
IMO the RS4 is easily the best looking, but the other 2 aren't exactly ugly. Depends what you really want from the car?

Rs4 at the end of the day itll always be an rs so fingers crossed therell always be a market for it at the end...

Other than the 4.2 v8 what other big engine is in the S5

Answered own question using auto trader. The 5.2 v10 is in the R8

So if the RS4 and S5 have the same V8 why make the RS4 more powerful when they 2 cars appeal to different markets

Because there is an RS5???

Same as there is an S4 and and RS4.

To me, £20k, with no insurance / fuel to worry about can get an aweful lot.

S8: Audi S8 FSI QUATTRO 4DR TIP AUTO 5.2 2006

DB7 V12 Vantage : Aston Martin DB7 V12 Vantage 2dr Auto Coupe 5.9 2001

Merc E63 AMG : Mercedes-Benz E Class E63 E63K AMG Tip/Auto 4DR SALOON +SAT NAV+514BHP+XENONS+ONLY 4…

911 Turbo : PORSCHE 911 TURBO 996 HUGE SPEC 2001

TVR Tuscan Speed 6 : TVR Tuscan 4.0 SPEED SIX 2DR 2003

I wouldn't restrict myself to just Audi or BMW. Although an S8 / M5 would be great. Have a look at what else is out there in your budget. I mean, who doesn't want to pretend to be James Bond driving an Aston???

B7 RS4 if you can find one in your budget! S5 is a nice looking machine, interior is second to none, but as a driving machine, it's not that great! I test drove one last year, my S3 goes round corners better, I was quite disappointed! Sure the engine was great, it pulled nicely to the red line in 3rd gear with full V8 soundtrack, but the RS4 has better handling due to wider track and light front suspension components(I think?) and 50 extra bhp!

Here's a pic of the one I drove!
06102008026.jpg

S5 comes with the same 4.2 V8 as the RS4 but in the S5 it runs 353bhp where as its 414bhp in the RS4, you can also get a 3.0 V6 twin turbo in the S5 and B8 S4.

BTW you have PM.

S5 comes with the same 4.2 V8 as the RS4 but in the S5 it runs 353bhp where as its 414bhp in the RS4, you can also get a 3.0 V6 twin turbo in the S5 and B8 S4.

BTW you have PM.

You might want to do a bit more research on your cars mate. Supercharged 3.0 V6 in the latest S4/5s.

Ha ha yeah your right mate, i was thinking of the old S4's, in my defence I was told to go home from work early mid typing ha ha.