Try and avoid this...scroll through the pics...

only 170bhp that golf :-/ I could have thought of better ways to go :-/

Terrible
I remember the M5 one in the states with the same age lads...too early

Terrible
I remember the M5 one in the states with the same age lads...too early

Sorry. No Sympathy From Me.

I'm sorry but you Sir are an inconsiderate ****

I can understand you not sympathising to the driver he should of been going fast but what about the other 4 lads was it there fault? No what about there family's? or friends that have just lost 5 mates in one go?

Think of it this way what if that was your family or your friends?

what it does do it show alot of people how dangerous our pride and joy can be. It's in the news so people are free to comment as much as they like.

its not a thread that's funny at all. It just opens everyone's eyes just a wee bit more. there's a time and place for driving like a loony. it's not just your own lives at risk, it's that toddler on the pavement too.

Sorry. No Sympathy From Me.
I lost 3 of my closest friends 12 years ago in a very similar type of crash - I feel like ***** every time I drive past the tree planted at the scene in remembrance.. You are a complete muppet for this comment. It is a massive price to pay for their families and friends for making a young blooded mistake. Cars should be limited for new drivers the same way bikes are, doing it by insurance being high is not enough.

considering that none of the passengers had not worn their seat belts was just stupid, but the state of that car and the description of the accident is horrific!
honestly no one should die this way regardless of how stupid they were... feel sorry for the familys of the guys

I lost 3 of my closest friends 12 years ago in a very similar type of crash - I feel like ***** every time I drive past the tree planted at the scene in remembrance.. You are a complete muppet for this comment. It is a massive price to pay for their families and friends for making a young blooded mistake. Cars should be limited for new drivers the same way bikes are, doing it by insurance being high is not enough.

I totally agree. The DoT doesn't let kids ride powerful bikes until they've had a few years experience on smaller bikes, and the risk is only killing themselves. Yet a 17 year old can get behind the wheel of a powerful car and risk killing himself, his passengers and even innocent pedestrians. Sky high insurance premiums don't stop them.

I think 17 year olds should be restricted to sub-100bhp cars and then phase it up to unrestricted at 21. This is how it works for bikes and its become accepted. A 17 year old biker has to take a test to ride a 125cc bike. At 18 they can then take another test to ride a bigger bike but restricted to 33bhp. This restriction lasts for TWO years so that by the time they reach 21 they have at least two years riding experience before they're free to ride an unrestricted big bike.

Thats the harsh reality of it all. I remember driving to a club on a country lane when two Muppets overtook a BMW on the brow of a hill. BMW had a head on crash with another car. I was first on the scene. What I saw scared the Shh out of me. Legs broken blood everywhere. Just goes to show how dangerous driving can be

I totally agree. The DoT doesn't let kids ride powerful bikes until they've had a few years experience on smaller bikes, and the risk is only killing themselves. Yet a 17 year old can get behind the wheel of a powerful car and risk killing himself, his passengers and even innocent pedestrians. Sky high insurance premiums don't stop them.

I think 17 year olds should be restricted to sub-100bhp cars and then phase it up to unrestricted at 21. This is how it works for bikes and its become accepted. A 17 year old biker has to take a test to ride a 125cc bike. At 18 they can then take another test to ride a bigger bike but restricted to 33bhp. This restriction lasts for TWO years so that by the time they reach 21 they have at least two years riding experience before they're free to ride an unrestricted big bike.

Not to nit pick but this is slightly incorrect. From 17 years old you can take your restricted access. This limits you to 25kw / 33bhp for 2 years. When you turn 19, and exaclty 2 years after passing your test you can ride what you want.
Only difference being if your 20 and do a restricted acces, at 21 you can do another test called diret access meaning you can ride what you want a year after passing providing you take another test.

However, I completley agree cars should be limited for first two years driving.

Not too sure that restricting a car will achieve anything. A 1.0 citroen saxo can still travel in excess of 100MPH, and would probably be alot worse off in an accident than say a BMW M3. Its not the 0 - 60 thats the problem, its the 60 - 0.

The 0-60 can be a problem - When I got my current car I certainly underestimated how much faster I'd be going at the end of a 400 yard stretch of road in a 170bhp A3 rather than a 70bhp Clio. I realised with plenty of time, and it was the fact I'd been on the road hundreds of time and had no issues with mashing the throttle before that threw me - if anything, the experience was the worst part.

Absolutely gutted for the families of those involved - seeing images like that bring back every close call you ever had. The junction between the M6 and M58 certainly just flashed before my eyes. We all make mistakes - I doubt anyone on this forum can honestly say they've never had a "whoops, that was closer than I thought" moment, and I'd imagine a fair few here owe their cars, if not their lives, to luck and someone else's sharp wits. On which note, I'd like to thank the guy from the aforementioned junction for being sharp on his brakes and gentle on his horn when I came flying out in front of him at about 1pm yesterday.

Last edited:
Thats sad news.

However - I do feel that these things should be out in the open instead of being kept coved up, its not nice to see but hopefully it will make other people think twice.
Its all good having car safety ratings, but in certain situations it means nothing.

Some very valid arguments in here, I would agree to the power restrictions to a certain extent, but that doesn't really change a drivers attitude & may mean that the driver may take more risks.