Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
    S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

Status

Try and avoid this...scroll through the pics...

follow this link- Google Translate
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

2. # ADS
    ADS

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    Such a shame that 4 lives were ended early and goes to show that too much power in the wrong hands is lethal. Reminded of the RS6 crash I read about some time ago. Couldn't believe the driver only had a broken thumb.

Audi RS6 Crash in Luxembourg
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner

Status
    only 170bhp that golf :-/ I could have thought of better ways to go :-/
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,

Enthusiast

Status
    Spine chilling.
    VCDS USER

Reverse Gear

Status
    Sorry. No Sympathy From Me.

Reverse Gear

Status
    That was horrific!

Status
    Terrible
    I remember the M5 one in the states with the same age lads...too early

Status
    Terrible
    I remember the M5 one in the states with the same age lads...too early

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by T.D.I View Post

I'm sorry but you Sir are an inconsiderate ****

I can understand you not sympathising to the driver he should of been going fast but what about the other 4 lads was it there fault? No what about there family's? or friends that have just lost 5 mates in one go?

Think of it this way what if that was your family or your friends?

flying oyster

Status
    to be honest i think the whole thread is in bad taste
    S3 8L ming blue westys old car shed loads of mods

Status
    what it does do it show alot of people how dangerous our pride and joy can be. It's in the news so people are free to comment as much as they like.

its not a thread that's funny at all. It just opens everyone's eyes just a wee bit more. there's a time and place for driving like a loony. it's not just your own lives at risk, it's that toddler on the pavement too.

All the gear.. No idea

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by T.D.I View Post
    I lost 3 of my closest friends 12 years ago in a very similar type of crash - I feel like sh1te every time I drive past the tree planted at the scene in remembrance.. You are a complete muppet for this comment. It is a massive price to pay for their families and friends for making a young blooded mistake. Cars should be limited for new drivers the same way bikes are, doing it by insurance being high is not enough.
    Red is the colour..

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    considering that none of the passengers had not worn their seat belts was just stupid, but the state of that car and the description of the accident is horrific!
    honestly no one should die this way regardless of how stupid they were... feel sorry for the familys of the guys
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Interior Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by quattro81 View Post
    I lost 3 of my closest friends 12 years ago in a very similar type of crash - I feel like sh1te every time I drive past the tree planted at the scene in remembrance.. You are a complete muppet for this comment. It is a massive price to pay for their families and friends for making a young blooded mistake. Cars should be limited for new drivers the same way bikes are, doing it by insurance being high is not enough.
    I totally agree. The DoT doesn't let kids ride powerful bikes until they've had a few years experience on smaller bikes, and the risk is only killing themselves. Yet a 17 year old can get behind the wheel of a powerful car and risk killing himself, his passengers and even innocent pedestrians. Sky high insurance premiums don't stop them.

I think 17 year olds should be restricted to sub-100bhp cars and then phase it up to unrestricted at 21. This is how it works for bikes and its become accepted. A 17 year old biker has to take a test to ride a 125cc bike. At 18 they can then take another test to ride a bigger bike but restricted to 33bhp. This restriction lasts for TWO years so that by the time they reach 21 they have at least two years riding experience before they're free to ride an unrestricted big bike.

6th Gear

Status
    Thats the harsh reality of it all. I remember driving to a club on a country lane when two Muppets overtook a BMW on the brow of a hill. BMW had a head on crash with another car. I was first on the scene. What I saw scared the Shh out of me. Legs broken blood everywhere. Just goes to show how dangerous driving can be
    Word!!!

My A3/Martys Golf would smash that, and this guys £7000 GT9743 supercharged love machine.

Meow.

Status
    Drive like a boss...die like a boss.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by flying oyster View Post
    to be honest i think the whole thread is in bad taste
    Yes but if it makes us think twice about making a dangerous move in our cars then that's a positive.

flying oyster

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
    Yes but if it makes us think twice about making a dangerous move in our cars then that's a positive.
    then put it on the genral forum as a safety message !!!
    S3 8L ming blue westys old car shed loads of mods

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by flying oyster View Post
    then put it on the general forum as a safety message !!!
    Ok,done

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Gweev View Post
    I totally agree. The DoT doesn't let kids ride powerful bikes until they've had a few years experience on smaller bikes, and the risk is only killing themselves. Yet a 17 year old can get behind the wheel of a powerful car and risk killing himself, his passengers and even innocent pedestrians. Sky high insurance premiums don't stop them.

I think 17 year olds should be restricted to sub-100bhp cars and then phase it up to unrestricted at 21. This is how it works for bikes and its become accepted. A 17 year old biker has to take a test to ride a 125cc bike. At 18 they can then take another test to ride a bigger bike but restricted to 33bhp. This restriction lasts for TWO years so that by the time they reach 21 they have at least two years riding experience before they're free to ride an unrestricted big bike.
    Not to nit pick but this is slightly incorrect. From 17 years old you can take your restricted access. This limits you to 25kw / 33bhp for 2 years. When you turn 19, and exaclty 2 years after passing your test you can ride what you want.
    Only difference being if your 20 and do a restricted acces, at 21 you can do another test called diret access meaning you can ride what you want a year after passing providing you take another test.

However, I completley agree cars should be limited for first two years driving.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Not too sure that restricting a car will achieve anything. A 1.0 citroen saxo can still travel in excess of 100MPH, and would probably be alot worse off in an accident than say a BMW M3. Its not the 0 - 60 thats the problem, its the 60 - 0.

3rd Gear

Status
    The 0-60 can be a problem - When I got my current car I certainly underestimated how much faster I'd be going at the end of a 400 yard stretch of road in a 170bhp A3 rather than a 70bhp Clio. I realised with plenty of time, and it was the fact I'd been on the road hundreds of time and had no issues with mashing the throttle before that threw me - if anything, the experience was the worst part.

Absolutely gutted for the families of those involved - seeing images like that bring back every close call you ever had. The junction between the M6 and M58 certainly just flashed before my eyes. We all make mistakes - I doubt anyone on this forum can honestly say they've never had a "whoops, that was closer than I thought" moment, and I'd imagine a fair few here owe their cars, if not their lives, to luck and someone else's sharp wits. On which note, I'd like to thank the guy from the aforementioned junction for being sharp on his brakes and gentle on his horn when I came flying out in front of him at about 1pm yesterday.
    Last edited by audigex; 15th May 2012 at 00:57.
    Ibis White A3 Sportback Black Edition.
    2.0 TDI (170) Quattro
    Pics

5th Gear

Status
    Thats sad news.

However - I do feel that these things should be out in the open instead of being kept coved up, its not nice to see but hopefully it will make other people think twice.
    Its all good having car safety ratings, but in certain situations it means nothing.

Some very valid arguments in here, I would agree to the power restrictions to a certain extent, but that doesn't really change a drivers attitude & may mean that the driver may take more risks.

2002 A4 Avant Quattro Sport 2.5 V6 TDi - 219Bhp - Votex
    BCS Automotive Turbo-Back - Remap -
    19" RS6 Reps - B6 S4 Brakes - Symphony II+
    - Weitec GT
    - 2001 Honda CBR600-FS1 -