Thinking of getting a 330CD

doublem_1

Reaction score
My dad had an '04 320CD M sport and I have always liked the E46 with the kit on. I have had my 52 reg A3 Tdi quattro for about 18 months now and getting a little bored of it. Has anyone owned one of these? Is there anything to look out for? Thinking of a 2005-2006 one.

The coupe diesels command a big premium over the petrols. I'd be looking at a 330ci instead and spend the rest on fuel.

330d's seem to have the best performance/economy ratio.. I'd pick a 330d any time if I could afford a nice one, but you have to pay at least 8-9k still for a decent mileage one :(

330ci is half the cost to 330cd like mentioned above.
Very nice cars the 330cd, once remapped your talking 250bhp with plenty of torque comming out of the 3.0l diesel lump.
Standard they are tamed at 194bhp.

A good move IMHO.

Ive got (selling) a 01 330d Sport, but its a saloon.

Coupes fetch a lot more money than Saloons, and they didnt do a Cd until a bit later in the line.
Engine wise, although not identical, they are similar. They are insanely smooth, and pretty quiet. Puts a PD to shame!

Driving normally, i get 45-47 out of mine. Thats a 20 mile round trip each day, mix of town and motorway.
Later engines had issues with swirl flaps iirc, falling off and bye bye engine. Though most of these will have been fixed by now.