ETKA Access?

G

_G_

Anyone with ETKA access?

Trying to locate 4 small valve like parts in the mid engine/near base of engine on a 2.0 TFSI.

Many Thanks

A3, 2.0 TFSI - 8p2 (DSG), 2007

I have been having a "hard start" issue and after replacing the HPFP the fault returned. The hose that goes to the HPFP is "hunting." All the scope tests etc. come back clear.

When the N80 is removed there are no problems. When the N80 was replaced again and again with OEM part for diagnostic the fault keeps returning.

The issue went to "technical" in Germany and the mechanic showed me the ETKA print out but for the life of me I cannot remember a. the names and b. the part numbers.

Apparently these parts can "clog" (cause a block in the fuel system) or cause "hard start" problems. I am dead set in finding out what the real cause is... because every diagnostic test under the sun has been run but keep coming back clear. Yet, twice a month I am having a hard start problem and no fault codes. So I'm in the dark. I didn't want to go back to this mechanic because if it is an over-haul and labour intensive job then I want to get some quotes.

The HPFP has been replaced a second time with an OEM one as part of an ongoing diagnostic but as far as Audi see it the second hpfp is not at fault so the fault is elsewhere.

Anything on here look familiar?

fuel-system.gif

one more level in i think.. it was mid engine.. they look like part 18 there but they are smaller and stacked vertical (centre-ish location like the cylinders)... thanks

Sorry, I was being a dork. That pic is the 2.0ltr FSI, not the TFSI. Correct pic is below, and I think you mean item number 10?

tfsi.gif

Cheers Viking... looks like injector valves... as far as I remember... but it did not turn out to be those. IN the end it was the intank fuel pump... any chance of a ETKA photo upload of the intank fuel pump and its electronic wizzardry? Muchos gracias.

smashing... appreciate it.
it was the wiring atop the pump and replaced the fuel sender as well