Apprenticeship for a young noob?

MrTackalakalaka

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I am a young driver and own a Audi S3 8L

Im not very mechanically minded.........but I want to be as i really enjoy tinkering with cars and bikes (have learnt bits and bobs, mainly through youtube)! However i have spent silly amounts of money recently to get my car running a little better.......its still a long way away yet. I normally start a job on my car.....get so far and think........ah no I'm too scared and put it back together, then book it in to my local garage.

I am thinking of possibly doing an apprenticeship in September to learn a new skill and also be able to carry out work on my own car in the future.

What are peoples opinions on apprenticeships these days? Worth doing?

cheers

Hell yeh.. when I was 17 these were gradually being phased out but some are still well and truly alive:

Ford Apprenticeships | Ford Masters Apprenticeships | Automotive Apprenticeships | Ford

The Dagenham Ford plant has been voted the best place to do this. If I could go back and do one then I would have. I have a cousin who started an apprenticeship a few months ago with Ford and he loves it. Says that training is great but the down side is you need to attend all the relevant training to stay up to date and keep your job safe... its no biggie though because he loves car and just has to live with it that he cant have a day off on that day or date because the training is on. Go for it I say... like you said its handy to know for yourself as well. May as well make money from something you enjoy doing. Love what you do and do what you love as the song goes.

apprenticeships are the way to go.

i'm doing mine now. just about to finish my level 3 in light vehicle. starting my level 3 HGV in september.

its good as work pays for all courses they paid for my PSV licence (coach driver)

Awesome!! Thanks very much for that. Definitely keen to try and get on one. Think they are quite hard to get on down my end but fingers crossed!