personalized plates?!?

supanova

A3 2.0 TDI SE
Reaction score
Coleraine, Coleraine, United Kingdom, United Kingd
whats your views on personalized plates? I seen this bmw driving around for years with 'A3 UEL' and always wanted it as my name is Uel and I drive and A3.

well last night he posted it up for sale for 750.00 Not sure if i could justify spending that amount of cash on a 5 digit plate.

what you all think?

I think it finishes of a car personally. I mean A3 UEL would look good on an A3 for sure, but if you don't mind having this plate for life on all your future cars, then £750 is not a bad price for the plate YOU WANT!

All my cars have private plates.

I agree, my car plate is S3 then my initials (well sort of). Makes the car that bit more personal and special :eek:

I think so too, they're great and add to the overall look of the car.

It's nice when random people with similar plates beep and wave, happened to me a few times.

...but then again you also get jealous tossers that shout out flash B'stard every now and again.

If the plate makes sense like a A3 and your name or spells your name they are fine.

The ones that makes no sense and means nothing, like mine, seems pointless.
But that's my thoughts.

A3 UEL would be good, being your name and your car.
But as said before, what happens if you buy a A4 or a BMW?

i want JAY1601 as my plate, i got a pair for "show plates" not sure how much it would cost to have them done via the DVLA

mines "j4 ceg". i dont drive a "j4" and my initials arnt "ceg". it came on the car, i still like it tho.
dont think id want an age related plate on it anyway. nothing cool about a 92 k plate.

mines "j4 ceg". i dont drive a "j4" and my initials arnt "ceg". it came on the car, i still like it tho.
dont think id want an age related plate on it anyway. nothing cool about a 92 k plate.

Mines R89 YTU.
No idea what it means.
The car is a R reg and thats it. lol

Two number plates looks cleaner than 3 number plates.

It will be great while you have the S3, but seems a bit excessive for £750 when put on to any other car.

I have always liked them and used to see loads about, but never thought about getting one......till recently when the little one was born, I now have a plate on the car that spells his name exactly...which im happy with, the plate isnt doctored and for those that know, will know what it means and for those that dont will just see a normal looking plate.

If it makes sense to you and doesnt need to be 'adjusted' to make sense, then go for it....

I just find it funny when plates that spell one thing and look like something else very different when they are put normally, making no sense to the owner and just ends up looking like a standard plate for even those that know.

If you know what I mean ;)

saw a great one today on the M1 by northampton. ENZ0 on guess...a red enzo!scared the crap out of me seeing it approach in my rear mirror...takes up a whole carriageway

I think they are great and as the guys said it really adds to the overall look! I have one myself which is my birthday month and day along with each initial of my name. :)

I like them because it hides the age of the car, and they look good. You put spend your money on alot worse things for your car, at least you have a good chance of seeing your money back if you need to sell it, and it. Can be transferred to any car which is nice

That reg will look great on your current car but as other people have said you need to assess how you feel about it on other makes/models that you might possibly find yourself owning in the future. If you'd be happy then go for it, if not but you think you'd be able to flog it on then go for it, if neither then I'd look for a reg with a more general and personal meaning that you can put on anything. Also you don't have to transfer the reg you buy onto a car, so if your car is too old to take the reg you want you can buy it and pay a retaining fee annually until you have a motor that's as old or younger than the reg.

If you buy off the DVLA then the price you see quoted on their site includes all transfer fees and VAT, on other sites that sell plates this is normally added on at the checkout stage. If you are buying direct from this guy then I'm pretty sure the £750 will not include the DVLA transfer fee of £80 so that's £830 for that plate on your car...

I like them because it hides the age of the car, and they look good. You put spend your money on alot worse things for your car, at least you have a good chance of seeing your money back if you need to sell it, and it. Can be transferred to any car which is nice

This is exactly why I got one. I managed to get S111 NPW (initials) for £250 from the DVLA so asked for it as a birthday present. The fact it says S111 doesn't bother me when transferring it to another car as it just looks personal and all my friends and family know the plate now anyway.

I wouldnt get too caught up on the A3/S3/M5 etc prefix, alot of people get them for the initials anyway, so you could just say that its appropriate for the initials, if you do decide to move from an S3 to a Q7 as an example and your plate just happens to be S3 ***