Just stuck petol in my diesel car!!

S3 MCW

Reaction score
Feel like a f**king t**t.

Just finished a night shift, drove to the pump in the wife's Golf tdi on the way home, thinking about the mcdonalds beakfast I was gonna buy and f**k, just realised I had filled the car up with £50 worth of unleaded! Went to the garage attendant who gave me a number to call. An hour later, a van turned up and pumped put the fuel tank. Cost me £180. Luckily, hadn't started the engine as otherwise it could have been a lot more expensive. Then had to fork out another £80 to pay for my diesel! A sh**ty start to the weekend. Hope the car will be ok though...

really sorry for you mate, that is one expensive Maccy D breakfast. hope you really enjoyed it.

one of my work colleagues did this in a volvo and he didn't bother to stop at the garage on the way passed he proceeded to drive to the place where the car was going the car spluttered to a halt , new engine later the car is all fine again , moral of the story is if you do this don't start the car then it should be all ok

Sorry to hear mate.... You think they'd change the shape of the nozzle for diesel cars? like you cannot put diesel in petrol cars cos the nozzle is smaller.

Why didn't you just syphon it out into a bucket? **** paying someone £180 to do the same job!!! Same thing happened to our discovery and it ran ok but very spluttery didnt cut out at all, which we then realised what happened. Syphoned it out and bobs your uncle.