Any Ideas?

Jamie1985

Reaction score
Hi all im looking at selling a private plate that came with my car when i purchased it, firstly do i need any documents to sell this and also does anybody know if i can sell it to one of the many private registration websites out there?

I got a quote from a website for £695 but not sure if this is the price they will give me ONCE its sold on their website or if its the price they will buy it off me for?

Kind Regards

Jamie

You will need to pay £80 to take the plate off the car, then another £25 to retain the plate on a certificate. The certificate will require a nominee name which is usually yourself, so anyone buying your plate would need his name added as a nominee before they can make use of it, which is another £25 I think?

Unsure of the breakdown of costs if sold by a third party website.

So i would have to pay these fees to remove the plate then more fees to put a new plate on??!! DVLA must rake money in so much money its unreal, wouldnt mind them doing it if they were to put the money back into the roads etc (can feel me posting in the rant section soon)!

Will ring the website company that gave me that quote tomorrow see what they have to say about buying the plate off me etc.

Regards

Jamie