UK legal pressed metal numberplates - any recent pictures?

DALE_AVANT

Reaction score
Hi all.

Looking to replace my numberplates in the near future as they are looking a little tatty. Have any of you got any pictures handy of plates you have bought recently (2012 ideally to see what is most recently available).

Also, throw in pictures of plates without the dealer stamp and postcode, just for good measure :yes:

Last edited:
Are pressed plates actually legal in the UK though?

I think since the introduction of the '51' reg onwards, cars are required to display a reg plate that shows where they are made at the bottom of them, or it's suppose to be an MOT failure.

It won't stop us from buying them of course, but thought I'd mention it.

As I understand it, the most recent products come fully legal with the suppliers details laser etched onto the face of the plate.

I guess the better-looking plates will have discreet etching that is quite light in colour?

I bought a set of road legal ones from Dubmeister a couple of years ago, and the suppliers name and postcode isn't really that noticeable.

Bought mine off ebay last year and not had any issues with the Police or MOT stations.
They are plain with just the reg on.
If you catch it in the light correctly you can see the makers marking.
The best bit is that I did not need to send away any documents. Stops the chance of them getting lost in the post.

All pressed plates look the same pretty much...

Just get some regular pressed plates without the dealer off eBay and be done with it.

If a copper is going to give you a £30 fine because there's no postcode they're a jobsworth *****.

If you're that worried order some with the postcode and BS145 mark...

I just had some made i bought of Ebay a few weeks back and where 14 quid - top marks in correct font (which is a name i cannot remember) and size. Specify they are for display purposes and not road legal and they will simply make what you want etc. Pressed metal plates are not legal on 'modern' cars. Its a vintage thing in black and grey, cant remember precise age cut off..

Anyone got any pictures close-up of the 'taxdiscman' plates?