How cheap are petrol performance cars now!?!?!

munchkincoupe

Reaction score
I am now a fully converted diesel-head after spending years being dedicated to petrol cars. Out of interest last night I had a trawl through the classifieds looking at cars that I have owned and wanted 4-5 years ago. I understand that petrol prices are through the roof but how cheap have some quality performance cars now become.....

Ford Focus ST 2/3
Subaru Impreza turbo
S2000

.......all quality cars that have had years of great reviews going for £5-6k

Its the maintaining that drives u mad, ok for a second weekend car i suppose, but cnt afford to fuel, insure and maintain 2 vehicles.

I had an m3 over summer and what i put in diesel for a week id use in a day! Tgen insurance and maintainence is a killer!

I suppose if u can afford it y not :)

I just can't believe it's taking car manufacturers so long to cotton on that people want diesel performance cars too though. How many of them still have a petrol guzzler as their "top of the range" and don't do exactly the same kitted car in a diesel version! Always has to have a slightly worse body kit, different wheels, etc

Well i for one am certainly not moaning. I picked up my A3 3.2 Quattro sport a little while back for just shy of 7 grand. I have a works vehicle so it'll only do perhaps 5k a year. The tax is a little expensive, but its pre 06 so not too bad yet, and it is a little juicy, but i don't mind. The fact that its not very practical for commuting or a lot of day to day driving just bought a wonderful car into my price range. :yahoo: