New Style MOT

Excellent way of stopping the sharks from binning the advisory notice sheet.

Excellent way of not stopping the same sharks from making their own print-outs where the potential buyer doesn't have a computer/internet access...

Link to new MOT certificate template

A problem that I can see is that crooks could photoshop the certificate and put a different web address like dvla.motchecker.co.uk and people visit it. Not likely but surely some would fall for it. Especially if the seller was showing it on their own PC at the point of sale.

Good points. Most crooks, and there are plenty in the car trade, will have their own crooked MOT tester in their pocket anyway.

Link to new MOT certificate template

A problem that I can see is that crooks could photoshop the certificate and put a different web address like dvla.motchecker.co.uk and people visit it. Not likely but surely some would fall for it. Especially if the seller was showing it on their own PC at the point of sale.

Thats my thinking.
I've just edited that link and created my own MOT Cert.

I've now got 3 years worth of MOTs. :)

Just remember guys, the MOT stuff is all available online these days, you just need to pay for it, so you could say tough sh!t if you was too tight to pay for a car check etc, though the actual MOT check with the VIN number and MOT cert is FOC.

It's a money making scam by our best friends, the government!

Got my new cert yesterday, looks pikey as **** :( Could replicate that in no time at all on my PC. Most punters buying a car only look to see if the cert is there and these being nothing more than a sheet of paper is just a recipe for disaster

gotta say, i'm a bit disappointed with them!

At least the old certs were relatively dificult to replicate, hence the thefts of blank sheets!

There's got to be a better way than this?, i think the germans have a good way of doing things, ie , it's all on the number plates.