Clutch on its way out?

RobMorris

Reaction score
Car is a A3 8P 2.0 Tdi

Ive not had any problems/issues/noises etc until this lunch time..

I started the car up and drove around my office car park and every now and then - i heard a little squeek as if a bird was stuck under my car?! i continued on and once on the move i heard nothing...

Went to the shops, come back out 10 mins later and started te car back up. Reversed out of the space and drove though the car park - no noise? Pulled up at a little traffic and just using the clutch I edged forward. This is when i realised it was the cutch. It squeeked when using the clutch only to edge forward. When I give it some gas + clutch there was nothing..

i drove back to work, parked up and tried to get it to squeek again but it didnt? I even put the handbrake on and tried to edge forward using just the clutch and nothing?

Whats going on?

sounds like something is getting stuck in relation to the clutch, when you put the car in 6th gear doing around 65 mph and put your foot down to the floor, do the revs jump up and the car not accelerate?

Clutch didnt slip on the test?
It was squeekly all over the place whilst coming out of the car park again, seemingly on its own not whilst the clucth is engaged?
By the time I had got home it had stopped squeeking?
Perhaps not the clutch but something attached to it like a release bearing perhaps?

clutch has not gone, could be a moving part (like the one you said) having a bad moment. Could have been the pedal ?

mine started sqeaking today, think its the thrust bearing, mind it has 162000 miles without replacement. Also believe the slave cylinder is leaking as pedal has been staying down a bit .Would brake fluid level change if it is leaking?