Audi 2.0tdi balance shaft failure.

Philip Jowitt

Reaction score
Hi all had my balance shaft fail on my 2.0 tdi 2005 a4 with blb engine, As a result required replacement of sump, balance shaft module, drive gears and also turbo as a result of oil starvation.
cost over £2k, Audi refuse to recognise the known fault. i am currently doing protests outside Chelmsford Audi where i bought the car from new,have appeared on radio bbc essex and spoken to Audi HQ Germany. Audi Germany have told me i had no platform to take this further! this i what i hope we can change! i have also created a group for people who have had the same, or similiar problems on facebook. The groups name is: AUDI (NOT THE QUALITY CAR THEY ADVERTISE). Please if you have access to facebook join the group. everyone who is a member of the group and also other forums are being asked to contact watchdog www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/gotastory/, and dominic littlewood dom@flametv.co.uk immediately. We are hoping to get enough complaints in to watchdog and Dominic to allow them to act on our behalf and get the story aired on t.v. So please join our group on facebook and waste no time in contacting Watchdog and Dominic, this will only take a few minutes of your time and will have a massive impact on our fight with Audi, we need them to be contacted asap. many thanks for your support and look forward to seeing you on our group page soon, with stories of your feedback from watchdog etc.​