Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
    Controversial & Contradictive

Status

MOT and engine light.

I have an issue with my car that only disappears when the MAF is unplugged. This causes the engine management light to stay on, will they fail it because the light is on? Unplugging the MAF is the only way the car runs perfectly, it loses power when it's connected.
    53 A4 2.5TDi Quattro Sport 180 Tiptronic. Heated Buffalino leather, DVD Sat Nav RNS-E, TV, Bluetooth, 6 cd, BOSE, Colour DIS, Cruise Control, Auto lights and mirrors, Interior light pack, Heated mirrors.

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Nope, engine management light is an advise at most. The only way it could fail is if because the MAF is unplugged it emits excessive smoke for the smoke test.
    2008 E92 BMW 335i M-sport
    1990 Golf GTi w/ a 20v heart BUILD THREAD
    Full VCDS

2006 A3 2.0T quattro S-line R.I.P. You will be missed.

** Breaking - 8L 1997 Audi A3 1.8T. **

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurfuxake View Post
    I have an issue with my car that only disappears when the MAF is unplugged. This causes the engine management light to stay on, will they fail it because the light is on? Unplugging the MAF is the only way the car runs perfectly, it loses power when it's connected.
    Have you thought about buying a new MAF to fix the problem? Surely your car must be using more fuel or running less power with the MAF anplugged!

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

5th Gear

Status
    Some MOT testers may refuse to test it if an EML is on. For the smoke test the throttle has to go to maximum. A tester may be reluctant to do taht in case he causes more faults or something goes bang. If he's doing his job properly he will see that on his pre-test checks give you the option to take it away before he logs it on for test. The light being on, in itself isn't a failure though. Will be after January 2012 though.
    A4 S-Line. Mods so far; Cruise, DIS, Mk2 RNS-e, Audi 6 CD changer, XcarLink with self manufactured permanent ipod dock, B8 MFSW, Dectane Dayline Headlights with independantly switched DRL's, RS4 Rear ARB, De-badged, RS4 pedals, HIDS, RS4 front grille and RS4 style fog surrounds, LCR splitter in Satin Black, Rear Park Assist, LED gearknob, Red footwell lighting, Kitchen sink and Shower cubicle.

Status
    Yeah, it's had 3 new MAF units. It has almost zero power when plugged in, but runs better than it ever did with it unplugged. Better fuel consumption in summer, slightly worse in winter. Swings and roundabouts I guess.
    53 A4 2.5TDi Quattro Sport 180 Tiptronic. Heated Buffalino leather, DVD Sat Nav RNS-E, TV, Bluetooth, 6 cd, BOSE, Colour DIS, Cruise Control, Auto lights and mirrors, Interior light pack, Heated mirrors.

6th Gear

Status
    Are you using genuine MAF sensors or have you been replacing with pattern units?

Life begins at 140mph
    Sell my Audi??? Kiss my rings!
    www.passionford.com

Status
    Genuine.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurfuxake View Post
    Yeah, it's had 3 new MAF units. It has almost zero power when plugged in, but runs better than it ever did with it unplugged. Better fuel consumption in summer, slightly worse in winter. Swings and roundabouts I guess.
    I would check the wiring on the connector/plug for the MAF unit then. I think you can buy these seperately, I remember a member writing a 'how to' on how to replace the whole plug actually, but not sure what section it was in though?

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400