Window tinting and the new law

JDM82

Reaction score
I've always had all of my windows tinted never just the rear 3 and I've always been ok due to them not being limo black. However I've heard of the new law that states no tints on the front windows but I've seen cars with the fronts done and the police haven't battered an eye lid so as anyone been pulled and told to remove there's yet?

I'm talking about non limo black just smoked tints that don't really restrict your vision......

I've just a A4 with full leather and I would like tints to help protect the interior, keep the UV rays out but I don't see the point in doing just the rears so........

all front tints are a no no
some cops dont bother you
then you get the jobsworth twats
but NEW law where you been its been in place ages 3 points per side if thats what he wants to give you
1st time is usaly a probo notice after that its points

I had light smoke tints on my front windows on my Passat estate for 10years, never been stopped until just before Xmas last year, and had to take them off on the roadside or have my car impounded, not exactly a difficult choice was it? lol

Can't put tints back on, cos the car is now of the database, and don't really miss them to be honest.

Oh well thats that idea out the window....

I honestly hadn't heard of this law til the other week when I rang a tinting firm and they said they wont tint my front windows.

It's good to see the Tinting firm were honest with you instead of just taking your cash! Which company on Teesside was this?