Whats the longest your dust caps have lasted???

paulsaudi

Reaction score
I have had my dust caps nicked twice in 1 month!!!!

They were nothing to fancy, just chrome hexagen style ones.

They only stole passenger rear on 2 occasions!!!

I am sick of it now so just stuck sh*tty black plastic ones back on it :(

I know you can get locking ones but i would rather not have some little scrout ragging f*ck out of my valve and maybe get to annoid and kick the car or something.

I have seen some right fancy dust caps on some cars, gold crowns, dice, skulls, 8 balls etc so god knows how annoid they must feel when theres go missing!!!

Who else have had theres stolen and how often??

Last edited:
3 years mine have lasted,only recently did one go missing....I reckon the little kid next door took one as they seem to like shiney stuff grrrrrr

i got some fleabay ones with locking alan bolts thinking I'd solved the problem.

issue is these cheap ones corrode and I now struggle to get them off at all!

if the world wasnt so full of sticky fingered bleeders it would be a much easier place to live in. All these locks, passwords and PIN's for a minority of pikeys.

I had 4 sets go missing in two months. So i bought Richbrook ones with the spinning outer collar. You get a little key thing to remove them. Still on and its been about a year now.

These ones;

dust.jpg

Last edited:
over a year now just plain black ones lol did have 8 balls on last car they lasted over 6months

I had 4 sets go missing in two months. So i bought Richbrook ones with the spinning outer collar. You get a little key thing to remove them. Still on and its been about a year now.

These ones;

dust.jpg

Now i might have to invest in some of these..........the look on there face when it just spins but doesnt come off :)

Mine have never been stolen, but then i use nice standard black plastic ones that come free with the valve.

I really dont see the point in drawing attention to the car in any unnecessary way. Sure, it might just be some kids stealing them for their pushbike, but that doesnt stop them accidentally bashing the car with their bikes as they steal them, or happen to notice something more valuable in the car and decide to nick that while they're there.

Lockable ones just mean that they spend more time near the car trying to prize the things off, and they may well cause other damage in the process, either damaging the valve/alloy or damaging the car itself.

i always use the plastic ones and its always the rear drivers that goes awol
i will catch the lil person 1 day
my mate has the 8 balls and sometimes takes the off

Last edited by a moderator:

These ones;

dust.jpg

may have to invest in some for the a3 next week, my brother has these and he has no issues

In 10 years, I've had one set stolen, and it was probably when the missus parked somewhere dodgy. I've been lucky with mine, and quite careful where I park.

Still got the standard black ones, well one has been robbed for the 1st time on the a3, going to halfords later so get some new valve caps then