VW Polo Help please....

Nilz

Defo worth the wait :)
Reaction score
My Wife has a Polo 6n2, its a 1.4 16v 75bhp model and its been cutting out a fair bit recently, the battery light comes up, the oil light comes up and the oil buzzer buzzes too. All the dials fail apart from the speedo.

Its getting quite frustrating and also dangerous as it happens as usual when you least expect it!!!

I have had the car on VAGCOM and the following code came up.

Address 01: Engine Labels: 036-906-014-AHW.lbl
Part No: 036 906 014 BM
Component: MARELLI 4CV 3149
Coding: 00031
Shop #: WSC 00788
VCID: 5CB3FA8CE6AD

1 Fault Found:
00513 - Engine Speed Sensor (G28)
03-10 - No Signal - Intermittent
Readiness: N/A

Any help or advise would be much appreciated, as need to get this sorted ASAP...

Thanks
Nilz

Hey guys, can anyone provide any help on this at all, I changed the camshaft sensor last week, done a scan on it today and the fault has come back again and its still cutting out!!!

Anyone got any ideas at all please, its getting frustrating!!

Have heard it's quite common for the dials themselves to throw a total spaz. My sisters did on hers and caused loads of grief. Swapped them out for a second hand set and was good as gold until it was sold on

I have googled it and the stat and temp sensor are both fine, it looks like its the crank sensor that is causing the issue, I guess this will be the next option.

We have already cleaned the throttle bodies etc and all that seems to be ok too....

crank sensor is round the back of the engine on these, inbetween the engine and 'box held in by a 5mm allen key. quite awquard to get at!