EM TuningAH Fabrications
    Top Gear!

Status

Audi Mechanic guides

So I'm looking a little help on some useful guides, I want to learn a little more on the mechanical side of engines and all that, I already know a fair bit as most petrol heads do, but I would like to obtain a wider array of knowledge with regards to Engines and all the parts in an engine bay etc.

I have been thinking of buying an engine to take apart and put back together just for something interesting to do. I would appreciate anyone who picked up knowledge who isn't a mechanics advice on what the best way to do so would be!

Cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th gear @7000rpm

Status
    Just research! Many people learn by just messing around with engines and becoming more familiar with them! I learnt from my dad since i was young, now im rebulding my own engine etc.. Time, practise and knowledge of engines and systems on how things work and you'll be ok. Get a guide or a haynes manual to that engines car and see how to take it apart!
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    its either mapped or broken...

Quote Originally Posted by Stiggles View Post
    So I'm looking a little help on some useful guides, I want to learn a little more on the mechanical side of engines and all that, I already know a fair bit as most petrol heads do, but I would like to obtain a wider array of knowledge with regards to Engines and all the parts in an engine bay etc.

I have been thinking of buying an engine to take apart and put back together just for something interesting to do. I would appreciate anyone who picked up knowledge who isn't a mechanics advice on what the best way to do so would be!

Cheers
    For detailed information about Audi's in particular search for ElsaWin on eBay. This is a computer based workshop manual that is used by Audi technicians at the dealers. It's not very expensive either and gives step by step instructions on how to do most things on an Audi.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Audi TDI Power!

Status
    +1 on the ElsaWin

Audi A3 Ibis White Black Edition 2.0TDI
    Stage 1 - 180bhp
    / 300lbft torque | iPod Connection | Phone Prep/Bluetooth | Cruise Control | Exclusive Line Nappa Leather | Model de-badge

ABT Tuning | Audi Driver Magazine |Shell V Power | Revolution247.com | Audi-Sport.net
    Progress Thread: Click here for more photos!

Top Gear!

Status
    Cheers guys I'll go and take a look now

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiggles View Post

Cheers

here you can use the Audi repair questions as a guide for you on how to repair, maintain your car. It could help you a lot on this one.

Status
    Use the link in my signature for A3's