Slept in your car?

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
I'm off to a wedding in two weeks and decided to sleep in the back of the avant rather than tents like every one else.

Just wondering who slumbered down in their car and how you got on?

Not sure what its going to be like. I'm 6'3" and I think the boot of a B5 avant is a bit shorter than that. lol

I've slept in my Toyota Rav4 back in my Uni days, the interior folds flat front to back for you to use it as a bed... did I get any sleep though?, did I heck!... most uncomfortable experience ever.

Good luck!

If your at a wedding you'll probably be ok, but if you drink and sleep in the car if your approached by a policeman and you have your car keys on you you can be prosecuted

ive slept in my car before but didnt have alot of shut eye one tip take two blankets one to put under you and one over more comfortable that way oh and a pillow too

I've slept in the back of my jeep, did a trip from Whistler, BC to Salt Lake City, UT in March and as big as the jeep was it was still a terrible sleep, I'd never do it again without an air mattress and blanket or a sleeping bag etc.

I'd think it might be more comfortable in the back of an avant if the boot is empty though xD with a sleeping bag and some padding underneath you might be sweet.

You'll definitely find that the boot isn't as long as you are! I tried it once and ended up in the front seat with it fully reclined, that was better. Although you might be ok if you take lots of padding!

If your at a wedding you'll probably be ok, but if you drink and sleep in the car if your approached by a policeman and you have your car keys on you you can be prosecuted

You'll be ok as long as you're not on anything classed as a "road".

In a private field.
Traditional wedding then the evening do is all about the beer tents, hog roast, live bands and camping, I guess its going to be more like a mini festival than a evening reception.
Can't wait. :)

I don't have a mattress but I have a double sleeping back I'm going to sleep on and my summer sleeping bad.

I slept in a sleeping bag on the drivers seat of my car, woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't feel my legs at all (pins and needles) so I paniced, kind of fell out of the car head first thinking it was some sort of living nightmare haha

I have slept in my car several times, mainly at parties and fishing, but 3 of us also slept in a seat toledo (one of the old one's) in Amsterdam, not that was uncomfy, 2 in the front and one in the back, also rather dodgy due to a particularly rough area.lol

Yeah it's doable. Top tip though. The seats don't fold flat in the back so you'll have a step right where your lower back is. Take some extra pillows to pack up the back to get rid of the step and you'll be fine.

Never slept in the Audi but slept in my old MR2 with fixxed bucket seat, not comfy at all and to be honest didnt really sleep.

My Bora on the other hand, put back seats down and put 4 pillows in the boot with 2 thick covers, was just like a bed with loads of room and im 6foot 2.

I went out and made my bed for next weekend.

First lay the seats down
2011_05_21_1422.jpg

Then add 4 pillows, 1 double duvet, 1 double sleep bag and 1 single summer sleeping bag.
2011_05_21_1424.jpg

Then add 1 6foot 3 inch bloke in the boot.
2011_05_21_1425.jpg

It did not feel to bad. Comfy enough for a nights sleep when drunk. The centre arm rest works really well filling in the hole between the two seats as well. No hole for me to lose my head down. :)

I slept in my car last night with the misses.
It was all very hot and steamy but not to bad.

Don't think I'd do it on a regular basis though, the floor is a little bit to hard even with all the paddy I put down underneath.
If it needed to I would get some foam cut to size.

The amount of condensation on the windows in the morning was shocking, Watching it roll down the windscreen and behind the dash was not very nice.
I'm glad I got my AC working or i'd be having steamy windows for weeks to come other wise.

All in all a good experience.
Avant FTW!! :D

im 5'7 so i would be better suited. hell id be able to sleep in my a3 no problem LOL

did it in my old 205 gti although it was stripped out got three of us in it lol was fun but not comfy