Elite Motors Keighley / Blue Ocean cars

tomjones333

Reaction score
Just a warning to anyone looking to purchase a car from this lot,
Im currently taking this company to court, I placed a deposit on a ford focus convertible for my wife that was HPI clear with low millage, did my own HPI report the day before travelling to buy to find they had clocked the car by some 20,000 miles it had more owners than advertised and it still had finance on it, They refused to give deposit back and I had a load of abuse of the staff. stay well clear they have now changed there name to BLUE Ocean cars LTd And there still advertising the car on there site and autotrader even though I been to trading standards​

Reactions: Irate
Hi Tom,

Blue Ocean Cars Ltd are a dreadful load of scammers, they repeatedly lied to me when enquiring about and then buying a car when they were Elite Motor Company. The manager / director is a guy called Asad Khan who lied to me about the service history of the car I bought. After I bought it I got in contact with the last owners and they confirmed the service history had been falsified. When I called Elite Motor Company and asked to speak to the manager, Asad said the manager was not there, agued with me about what he had told me and told me to call back later. I called Elite Motor Company again and put on a silly accent and said I had free samples of car valeting products would he like some ? What's the managers name - Asad Khan. A quick search on the web reveals he is a registered director although I haven't spent the £9 yet to find out his companies. I'm going to do some more digging to find out if he is director of Blue Ocean Cars Ltd but it seems like the same guys. My advice would be NOT TO BUY ANYTHING FROM BLUE OCEAN CARS LTD. Trading standads is my next stop as well although I suspect that will not get me far.

Hi all,
I agree, stay well clear, I also have legal action against this company they have numberous CCJ and HCJ

Do you work for them or something?

Seems weird you join up and all 4 of your posts are in here.

And to be fair they shouldn't have clocked the car, lied about the previous owners and i guess the finance on the car slipped their minds to.

I've read the posts from the various people regarding the Blue Ocean dealership in Keighley. I only wish I had read these before paying my holding fee via a credit card for a car that shouldn't have passed it's MOT! I sent a vehicle inspector prior to my picking the car up to check the car over as I live some distance away and it turned out to be a CAT C that had suffered extensive damage. Despite requesting my money back on several occasions, I have been fobbed off for almost 1 month and very much doubt that I'll get the refund.
Can all those who stated that they were seeking legal advice or contacted trading standards, please let me know if you have been successful! Given that so many people have been affected by this, is there no way we could group together to bring a 'class action' (lawsuit in which a large group of people collectively bring a claim to court) to put these cowboys out of business? Also - am I insured against this by my credit card company? As an aside, a head technician I know at a local prestige main dealer told me to avoid buying second hand from the Yorkshire/Greater Manchester/Bedfordshire areas as a higher than average number of cars will end being lemons. Thanks

I've read the posts from the various people regarding the Blue Ocean dealership in Keighley. I only wish I had read these before paying my holding fee via a credit card for a car that shouldn't have passed it's MOT! I sent a vehicle inspector prior to my picking the car up to check the car over as I live some distance away and it turned out to be a CAT C that had suffered extensive damage. Despite requesting my money back on several occasions, I have been fobbed off for almost 1 month and very much doubt that I'll get the refund.
Can all those who stated that they were seeking legal advice or contacted trading standards, please let me know if you have been successful! Given that so many people have been affected by this, is there no way we could group together to bring a 'class action' (lawsuit in which a large group of people collectively bring a claim to court) to put these cowboys out of business? Also - am I insured against this by my credit card company? As an aside, a head technician I know at a local prestige main dealer told me to avoid buying second hand from the Yorkshire/Greater Manchester/Bedfordshire areas as a higher than average number of cars will end being lemons. Thanks