urgent advice needed oil/water

205man

Reaction score
help i need urgent advice, my girlfriend went to check her oil etc on her 206gti and oil need topping up so she picked up the bottle by me me that i had used on my car but picked up the wrong one as bottles were same colour and it was coolant.... she noticed immediately and only put about 50-100ml in ......

but help what she we do we not started the car yet, but do need to get it off the road and onto the drive but cant push up the slope.

if i drain it where it is and refill the oil will it be ok?

hi mate i would not of thought 50 to 100 mil of coolant in say 4 litres of oil would be a problem if you are only moving it a short distance . having said that i would change the oil once moved to a safe place to work on it

ok cool , but what ive done is not start it and leave where it was drain all the oil out and left til no more came out, even used a jack to lift either side to make sure it all was out.

then used cheap oil about 1 1/2l and poured that in and watched it come out the bottom, again waiting til it was all out

then i have now refilled it back up and moved the car, do need to use the car couple times in the week but think should be ok, then at weekend will flush engine and fit new oil filters and new oil again

had a look at what came out and was really less than 100ml prob even less than 50, literally was just a splash when she noticed thank god

Last edited: