Added tuning box, now won't start HELP PlEASE :-(

Mrlewty

Reaction score
Hi guys I drive an a6 c5 2.5 TDI 150BHP (afb) 1999 avant multirtronic/auto.
Yesterday I installed a psi tuning box folloing the instructions provided, then took her out for a test drive.
After less than 2 miles into the drive, my coil/engine light started to flash, i tried to get her back to by house and whilst turning a corner I lost all power/power steering etc.
I pulled to the side of the road and tried to re-start her and she would only crank :-(
Then I removed the tuning box and wiring and tried again, still just cranking....
Has anyone heard of this before ????
Does any one know what the problem could be ???
During the brief test drive I could tell the box alwas working well, until this happened.

Many thanks

Phil

I have a psi tuning box on my 1.9tdi and never had any problems with it at all. Are you sure its to do with the tuning box and not something else?

This is what I'm trying to establish, I don't own a vagcom at the moment so can't see any errors, ive just got a really bad feeling, that's it's going to be rather expensive to put right.
If the extra power has killed something what is it
Likely to be ?
Injector pump?
Ecu?
Also how was yours wired up? Do you know if there's any photos around on exactly where to fit the black wire?

black wire?? You do have one red and one black? Both to the battery terminals?

I would check the wire to the injector pump has not shorted on the pump case/cover. If it did you're looking at a rebuild as the computer/EDC is not available separatelly and it needs calibrating on a special bench. I would also check the wires on the ECU as well, had one comming off and thus No start. I would get someone with vag-com/VCDS to scan the engine for faults and make shure the pump gets 14v from the computer. If it does not then you're looking at a rebuild.

Thanks for the replys guys, I've got my mechanic coming to plug a vag com in on saturday morning, and will keep you posted from then.
Cheers
Phil

Will89 I have the main tuning box and running off that is the conector that fits between the ecu and the wiring to the ecu.
A brown wire which is an earth,
And a black wire which links to a wire on the fuel injector pump.