R32 ? should i or should i not???

missviper

Reaction score
Guys what do you think of the R32 keep looking at them and want one... But would i be happy with one and how much do you think my car is worth....
It's a 2004 shape A3 TDI full audi service History last bein dec 2010 78thousand miles new cambelt changed new radiotor just over a year or so ago, chipped with superchips to 183bhp lowered with Eibach pro sport spings and Bilstein shocks
Have had it since it was about 8 months old

Not sure i will do it this year due to finances but need to start deciding before i decide to do and spend more on it f or cosmetic purposes

What do you think would it be a mistake as i have had my car a long time and i would be changing to something not much newer than mine ..... or maybe i should look at S3 instead??????

Due to finance i may not do it this year but

S3 all the way !if you change .i would consider keeping what you have and spending a few quid to bring it upto date ?

I'd say S3 (maybe slightly biased)
Had the chance at an R32 mk4 though and it was a lovely car.
Lovely sound but front heavy and very thirsty!
S3 has pretty similar performance, worse noise but its more economical, and the ability to tune at a lesser cost than the R32.
Tough choice though!

Maria, I think the only thing going for the R32 over an S3 is the V6 engine and soundtrack. As a performance tool, it has to be S3, as a remap will take it to 300bhp easy. But I know you're a bit of a petrolhead, so choice is entirely upto you.

From personal experience I would say either spend some money bringing your A3 up to date, grille conversion etc or go for an S3. I too had a 2004 Toucan yellow A3 1.9TDi and when the time came to change my car I swapped it in for an Astra VXR and although I did love it, everytime I saw a yellow Audi A3/S3, my heart would sink :(. It's taken me 2 years to get back on track with another Audi again, but I'm so glad I did. Stick with yours and modify the front end and rear lights or get an S3. I know you won't regret it. :)

Paula x

Ive just sold my MK4 R32 - it was a great car, lovely sound, and great handling... If you want a hot hatch then the R, if you want something a bit more refined, then the S3 - toughy...