turbo noise please help!!!!

syski999

Reaction score
Hi
i haven't had my a3 1.8t long and im just getting use to the turbo sound, just after i had the car remapped i could hear a noticable noise when letting off the gas? the noise can only be described as a gassy dumping noise?
after reading other threads i put it down to a dodgy D.V i replace this with the improved 710n version. But the noise is still there!!! it only happens when changing gear letting off the gas at low RPM. If i floor the car the turbo spools up normally and i don't get this noise. Is this a normal sound because of the extra boost created by the remap? or could there be a leak from some other place? By the way the car hasn't lost any performance and picks up beautifully also the turbo spooling sounds normal!
im just worried because of all the threads relating to turbo flutter and the damage it causes to the turbo, im not sure now if the gassy dumping sound is the same as a turbo flutter sound?

please help very confused!!!!!

thanks for your reply! i can stop buying parts now to solve a problem that wasnt even there!! lol