Lights! alarms! action!! wtf is the problem?? is there a solution?

vincenzo_2k

Reaction score
Audi A4 1.9 tdi late 01-05 model, (B5?)

Can anyone tell me what is going on with my car? We had a pretty good relationship until recently. There was a lot of trust, loyalty etc. but now I dont know...:wtf:
I've been having non stop issues for the last while. Thought it was battery related, made more complicated by all the cold weather etc, but it appears to be a little more complicated than that.
The airbag light was flashing, the esp light was flashing, intermittently but often.
Battery needed recharging every 7-10 days, was checked by mechanic but seemed fine, charging etc. Tho there did seem to be something in the car that is slow to shut down when engine is turned off.
Inside lights (boot/interior)dim a few times when opening/starting car with old battery and now with new battery.

Replaced the battery when old one went kaput in hope it would sort it...:shrug:
That machine(Vag com?) was connected up to look for fault codes but it couldnt make connection re ESP light.
The airbag light was flashing since battery replaced and now its on solid the last week...
Tonight alarm was going off incessantly, had to disconnect the battery so neighbours might get some sleep. had similar issue with previous battery before christmas.
Ive been looking through past posts to try and get an inkling but I dont know...
Whats all this about leaks? Not sure if I have any but there have been spills it appears- left front passenger floor, floor of the boot? While I mention spills sometimes if temps get v low (e.g. -2), there can be a bit of frost inside windscreen, would that be a sign for damp inside car?

And to top it all I fear that it is burning a bit of oil. getting the smell the last while, and it recently needed to be topped up.
I thought I was doing good to get it serviced every 10k, is it possible there is a simple cheap solution... I am going back to mechanic but if at all possible to find a quick and comprenhensive solution(s) rather than months of messing around?

I know I probably should have kept a better eye on routine maintenance but recently... :sadlike: :slapped:

Very bad timing for this kind of trouble, but has anyone ever had car trouble that was good timing?

My thanks in advance!

01-05 is a B6, put a post in that specific forum.

You don't mention what engine you've got - the ESP light flashes with a multitude of faults. I'd take the car somewhere and get it scanned for error codes as otherwise we're just guessing in the dark.