Self-Servicing - Do you keep record of it?

Jonay

Reaction score
Just wondering, instead of getting any garage to do it of servicing the car myself.

Though the though has crossed my mind of service history, do you sign off the book yourself or do you leave it as if it hasn't been serviced?

I don't think I'll be selling this car on, I'll either run it to the ground or pass/give it to family.

But I'm always reading about how people do it themselves, but whats to show when they come to sell it on that they've done it?

Would you write it in the offical service book or would you have a seperate book with all you own work/mods/servicing (with receipts) with it?

When I get friends I know to service a car they do a print out of what should be done and then tick the boxes to say that its been done. Then write any comments on the bottom and sign it. Keep this with any receits that you have for the parts you bought and you can still have a service history for a piece of mind, or if you sell it on :)

I just keep the receipts and write in the service book the mileage it took place. when a car hits 100k+, I don't think service history means much, as people will just buy on condition then.

i don't put anything in the service book

but i got a word doc on the computer. when anything gets changed i write down the date, mileage and parts replaced

I just keep the receipts and write in the service book the mileage it took place. when a car hits 100k+, I don't think service history means much, as people will just buy on condition then.

Personally I think its even more important after 100k (as was my car when i bought it (motorway monkey)) as it shows that the car is still getting treated as it should for such a well used bit of kit, and not forgotten about and more prone to break/leak/cease.

I just keep all the receipts for everything purchased. Service items get clipped togetehr with a sheet indicating mileage etc at service time etc