insurance-has yours gone up

goon

Reaction score
had my renewal today and a shock that its gone up from £320 to £420,especially when I changed my focus (g17) was told it would probably be cheaper next year with a lower group car.Went on some compare sites and not much difference there either.

I think all insurance has gone up.
There was a thread about it some time ago.

I'm not looking forward my renewal next year, The VAT would be up to 20% then. :(

Mine went up this year, the renewal the year before, I got insured for exactly the same price as the years before that, despite steady drops in the previous years. With the increase of crash fraud and whiplash injuries, the genuine motorists has to foot the bill unfortunately.

I'm a 37 year old with no claims or convictions and i paid £530ish last year with Zurich it had gone up to £918 this year. Finally got a cheap quote off Swiftcover for £513 on an S3 for 27,000 miles a year for me and my wife.

Mine went up as well this year, had the renewal come through, but then did a quote online as a new customer and it came up £200 cheaper than the renewal in the post, rang up and got them to do it even cheaper.

So yea it has gone up compared to last year, but not as much as expected initially!!

yeah mine went up from 415 last year my renewal was 895!!! told direct line to ****** off!! got it for 200 on an admiral multi car policy!

Yep paid £320 last year and my renewel came in at £600+. Tol dthem I wan't prepared to pay that and if they couldn't cover me for £400 they'd lose my business. 10 minutes later I had cover for £400. :)

Mind you they then sent some of the paperwork to my ex's parents place where I was living while the purchase on the property went through. My ex and I split about 2 years ago and it was less than a nice one. I called the insurers up and had a wobbler at them and they wrote an apology for their **** up and reimbursed me £100 as well.

Touch :)

Yep paid £320 last year and my renewel came in at £600+. Tol dthem I wan't prepared to pay that and if they couldn't cover me for £400 they'd lose my business. 10 minutes later I had cover for £400. :)

Mind you they then sent some of the paperwork to my ex's parents place where I was living while the purchase on the property went through. My ex and I split about 2 years ago and it was less than a nice one. I called the insurers up and had a wobbler at them and they wrote an apology for their **** up and reimbursed me £100 as well.

Touch :)

happy days there!

Mine nearly doubled, absolutley ridiculous! Petrol prices and insurance premiums are way too much