AH FabricationsChris Nott
    2nd Gear

Status

insurance-has yours gone up

had my renewal today and a shock that its gone up from Ł320 to Ł420,especially when I changed my focus (g17) was told it would probably be cheaper next year with a lower group car.Went on some compare sites and not much difference there either.

2. # ADS
    ADS

I want your faulty electronics

Status
    I think all insurance has gone up.
    There was a thread about it some time ago.

I'm not looking forward my renewal next year, The VAT would be up to 20% then.
    A4 B5 Double Din, RNS-d, TMC, Full Sports Leather Heated with Leather Door Cards and Lower Door trims all for sale.

Audrey's Build Thread
    RIP Audrey. She's being broken down.
    New Car, New Thread.
    Scott's Akoya Silver A8

6th Gear

Status
    Mine went down...But it was in the paper few months back regarding insurance going up
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Mine went up this year, the renewal the year before, I got insured for exactly the same price as the years before that, despite steady drops in the previous years. With the increase of crash fraud and whiplash injuries, the genuine motorists has to foot the bill unfortunately.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

Neutral

Status
    I'm a 37 year old with no claims or convictions and i paid Ł530ish last year with Zurich it had gone up to Ł918 this year. Finally got a cheap quote off Swiftcover for Ł513 on an S3 for 27,000 miles a year for me and my wife.
    2008 S3 Phantom Black

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    Mine went up as well this year, had the renewal come through, but then did a quote online as a new customer and it came up Ł200 cheaper than the renewal in the post, rang up and got them to do it even cheaper.

So yea it has gone up compared to last year, but not as much as expected initially!!

Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

Status
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    im 35 and im still getting rapped like i was 21!

1st Gear

Status
    yeah mine went up from 415 last year my renewal was 895!!! told direct line to bugger off!! got it for 200 on an admiral multi car policy!

6th Gear

Status
    Yep paid Ł320 last year and my renewel came in at Ł600+. Tol dthem I wan't prepared to pay that and if they couldn't cover me for Ł400 they'd lose my business. 10 minutes later I had cover for Ł400.

Mind you they then sent some of the paperwork to my ex's parents place where I was living while the purchase on the property went through. My ex and I split about 2 years ago and it was less than a nice one. I called the insurers up and had a wobbler at them and they wrote an apology for their cock up and reimbursed me Ł100 as well.

Touch

Life begins at 140mph
    Sell my Audi??? Kiss my rings!
    www.passionford.com

bo
    Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Oranoco View Post
    Yep paid Ł320 last year and my renewel came in at Ł600+. Tol dthem I wan't prepared to pay that and if they couldn't cover me for Ł400 they'd lose my business. 10 minutes later I had cover for Ł400.

Mind you they then sent some of the paperwork to my ex's parents place where I was living while the purchase on the property went through. My ex and I split about 2 years ago and it was less than a nice one. I called the insurers up and had a wobbler at them and they wrote an apology for their cock up and reimbursed me Ł100 as well.

Touch
    happy days there!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Mine nearly doubled, absolutley ridiculous! Petrol prices and insurance premiums are way too much

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    having the car you want is becoming harder and harder. were slowly getting forced to turn to eco-machines *spit!*