Smug - Again !!!!

JohnboyC

Reaction score
Every year when it snows I thank the lawd I bought an Audi Quattro - it may burn a bit more fuel and wear out all 4 tyres at once, unlike the FWD variants......but I just laugh when I see BMW & Merc owners out in the recent snowy conditions....and they are all over the place......

I also own a '99 E36 328i M-Sport Convertible as a hobby car....and there is NO WAY I would venture out in the 8" snow we have had in the North West.....

I watched my next door neighbour trying to get his BMW out of his drive (which is flat by the way) and he could not do it and just gave up........me in my Audi just backed out noooooo worries......

Smug ! You bet ! (and yes I am fully aware the laws of physics still apply to a quattro as much as any other car)....

I completly agree with you on this one...I bought my S3 over the summer and could not be more glad now, especialy with the 6"+ we had yesturday...compared to my A3 1.8T FWD I had this time last year the quattro just gets you there. Last year I couldnt get up the hill in my village for a week, lol... no such problems now :cool:

Agreed with the above, the car was just perfect in this weather, was very impressed with the way the car just drives through everything offered up to it.

Well done :)

Yep. Had to push 4 cars on Saturday, as I walked down into town. BMW 5 & 6 series, a Lexus iS200 and an old jag XJS. Later spotted the 6 series abandoned on a side street. Wonder if he's still got wheels on it now...?

Got to work this morning no problems, only taking 5 mins longer than usual for 15mile commute. However, I did use the S3 rather than the motorbike!!

Cheers,

Stop it people! I am beginning to think irrational thoughts about selling my FWD A4 and looking for a quattro version. The Mrs will kill me...although to be fair, she drives it most and it might save her crashing. lol

Stop it people! I am beginning to think irrational thoughts about selling my FWD A4 and looking for a quattro version. The Mrs will kill me...although to be fair, she drives it most and it might save her crashing. lol

Lol Quattro won't fix woman driving

Saw a few Beemers slipping/sliding and just generally spinning today...oh and the odd bus!!!

Strangely, havent seen any other RWD cars at all stuck, they have literally all been Bimmaz..