Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Right, I currently have a Mk2 Golf GTI 16v parked outside my house, it's always been a dream of mine to own one since I passed my test, and so I've owned one for the last 4 years or so. I bought it on impulse at the time, as it came up at the right price, and my plan was to keep it for life.

My current predicament is whether to keep it or not? I'm hardly using it(approx 1k miles last 12 months), and it just sits outside my house all year round taking up a parking space. The other half wants to see it go, but she know I love it to bits, it costs me approx. £550 to keep it a year, that covers insurance/roadtax/mot, not fuel though. I love driving it, but when I have an opportunity for a long drive, I would rather take my S3 which doesn't get much more use, but that's a definite keeper which lives in the garage when not in use.

What do you reckon guys?

if you really like it, keep it. Money comes and goes, may aswell spend it on something you enjoy. If parking is an issue looking into renting a garage or unit to store it in.

Keep it imo.

Doesn't cost you much by the sounds of things and they are getting hard to come by in good nick for reasonable money now. You will regret it if you sell it.

if you really like it, keep it. Money comes and goes, may aswell spend it on something you enjoy. If parking is an issue looking into renting a garage or unit to store it in.

It's not really an issue as such, it#s just parked there not doing much.

Keep it imo.

Doesn't cost you much by the sounds of things and they are getting hard to come by in good nick for reasonable money now. You will regret it if you sell it.

This too, I know I will miss it, but the head says it really should go, but the heart says NOOOOOOOOO!

Sell it to someone who will cherish her and love her. Take her for good drives and look after her. Your just neglecting her whereas she could be someone elses pride and joy.

Money does come and go, but you shouldn't just blow it either on something that's rarely used.

Keep it dude!!

No more to say really...oh and if you do get rid, the number plate as an Xmas pressie wouldn't go a miss :)

If its the one you showed me a pic of, KEEP!!!!! Theres are indeed harder to come by and yours looked a really good one. Believe me, you will only regret it a few years down the line. We had a MK1 Sportline Cab in mint condition, 1 owner etc etc, sold it and regretted it ever since! If space isnt an issue and the costs to run are low, why sell. In a few years you may have more time to driver her.

Keep her Joe.....

Tell you what Jo, i'll drive it around for you :)

I wont even charge you for that either :moa:

Tell you what Jo, i'll drive it around for you :)

I wont even charge you for that either :moa:

I need to roll to a Cov meet in it to charge the battery sometime, you can drive it then, and keep the regulars happy that you are driving another(mine) different car again! lol

LOL, sounds like a plan.....let me know when you are up for it and a few of us can get together for it and ill chauffer drive you there your honour :)