Recommend me somewhere to get number plates made up..

70AC

35Hz
Reaction score
My rear is looking a bit tusty :blink:

Where do you get your plates made?

I'm after a good quality plate, simple 3D or Carbon road legal font, black border. No badges or slogan.

Ideally I'd like an option to buy just the rear plate.

Good value price also appreciated.

Many thanks

They arnt
But you can still get road legal pressed metal plates from dubmeister

They arnt
But you can still get road legal pressed metal plates from dubmeister

Ahh ok, (Finds V5) :) they look awsome but always been hesitant to buy some due to my doubt on the legality of them.

Cheers!

Ahh ok, (Finds V5) :) they look awsome but always been hesitant to buy some due to my doubt on the legality of them.

Cheers!

They are fine, got all the correct marks, taken mine through and MOT and had endless coppers sat behind me able to have a good look and never had an issue
Should get a set haha

Thanks for the replies.

I'm not sending my documents off - scan & email or offshore based only.

There are loads up on eBay. Can anyone recommend a reliable seller? Cheers

Sorry mate. Never used ebay. Only ever ordered from www.craigsplates.com

Never had any problems with them, but dont know if you can just order the front or back. TBH I woudl just buy the pair ! If you ever come to sell your caer the first thing I look for is if the plates match, if they dont it usually a sure indication that a plate has been replaced and possibly due to an accident.

Sorry mate. Never used ebay. Only ever ordered from www.craigsplates.com

Never had any problems with them, but dont know if you can just order the front or back. TBH I woudl just buy the pair ! If you ever come to sell your caer the first thing I look for is if the plates match, if they dont it usually a sure indication that a plate has been replaced and possibly due to an accident.

Dude.. click on that link i sent then it goes straight through to craigs plates.... thats where I got mine from and had no problems with them whatsoever....it does get a bit confusing I agree as it asks if you want 2 front or 2 rear.. just do what I did and sen them a note stating what excatly you want... hope it helps..

I think dubmeister sounds good and craig are also quite reputable.

I ordered my set from Demonplates and didn't need any V5 docs to go off or anything.

yeah if you order the 100% legal plates off them you have to send your V5 off. If you order shown plates, but just type in the legal plate number you dont have to send them anything.
the only difference will be it doesnt have the Bs number on the bottom of the plate. Buts lets face it what copper is gonna pull you for that and I cant see an MOT inspector knocking you for it

I have the BS code on mine also as I ordered the legal plates from the site.

So far as I am aware I should have no problems with MOT as mine are completely normal.

... can I just ask what reason they would fail you on the MOT for having pressed plates without the BS code??????.. I have had pressed plates for over 4 years and never had a issue with them... and mine are actually show plates... cheers

Point I am makign is that 100% legal plates have to have the Bs code on them. In order to obtain them from craigs plate and most online retailers you have to send them your V5 as proof of ownership.

If you order show plates which can look 100% legal with the correct fonts and spacing you dont have to send or show a V5. However it will not display the Bs number on the plate and technically they are illegal and shoudl not pass an MOT. However the lettering is so small most coppers wont pick up on it and MOT testers often over look it especially if the plate font, lettering and spacing is legal.
Pressed plates are illegal as they do not reflect !
If you order the german style ones then even the font is illegal.

I have an illegal plate on the Golf at the moment and only been pulled once in 5 years. I have S80 OCH and it reads S 80OCH. It is the wifes name

Hope that this helps

cheers for that fella.... yeh I am the same been pulled a while back as ive pressed mine together so its G9MBO no space but no that I have said that i bet i drive home from work and get pulled haha.. thanks again fella....