Ford S-MAX 2.5 Turbo

sniffy_smiffy

Reaction score
Hi ASN, Was thinking of getting rid of my company car (crappy 1.6 TD 57 plate Focus estate)

I will get a car allowance and probably end up with about £400 a month to use.

My Mrs is probably going to need a 7 seater if she starts up child minding.

So was having a look around and quite like the S-Max styling and there are some nice alloys about for them.

Also just to make things even more tempting they have planted the 5 cylinder 2.5 Turbocharged 216 bhp engine from the focus ST in there? Not bad for a 7 seater?

I know I am probably gonna get some stick for even mentioning this on here but .....

If any one has any opinions on the S-Max would be interested to hear them.

Ta
Smiffy

Last edited:
plenty of tuning options for the 5 pot,you'll certainly find it roomy too.

True ! Nice BHP to start with too ! Could probably get 250 without too much effort ?

yeah thats true got 280 out of mine for £1000 stage 2 kit,handheld tuning box and twin intercooler,on program 4 the sheer violence of acceleration in 2nd and 3rd gears was fantastic,clutch didnt last long though ( focus st )

My uncle has one i've drove it alot...its pretty nice inside and looks nice ouside to and obviously it goes well! Good car in my opinion but then again i love Fords full stop

There is only one more impressive 7 seater on performance figures alone and that's the Vauxhall Zafira VXR 2.0T which has a hearty 240 ponies!

Never driven a Vauxhall but think I would still choose the s-max !

What do you lot think ?

We use Vauxhalls at work pretty exclusively and they are utter tat. Poorly built out of poor materials with little/no refinement to them. Think of that Action Man lunchbox you had at school, the dashboards are made of the same plastic.

Missus has a 53 plate Corsa and I really do prefer to walk than borrow it

Missus has a 53 plate Corsa and I really do prefer to walk than borrow it

LMFAO I like that.. :icon_thumright:
Guy @ work bought spent god knows how many ££££Ks on a ***** :Flush: 1.2 newish plate Corsa.. absolutely gutless.

Not sure who is more gutted him or the car.....

I do love Ford though when all is said & done.

Not over Audi's of course but for the economy, running costs & driveability they are good machines. I loved the Focus's ive had for the daily commute as company cars & they were only the kak **** Diesel models?

Ford over Vauxhall any day o the week..