Same Registration on Different Cars

Wai-Fan

Reaction score
I've seen a few people who own different cars, but have the same number plate on each one. How is this possible? Do they have the cars registered as fleet vehicles or something???

I have seen the same but the cars I have seen them on have been Isle of man plates I think...red badge with 3 legged person or something..mind you the cars were a bentley GT and a nissan GTR with the same plates. Rich git.

Its not possible, a single number plate can only be on one vehicle at any one time, it could just be that they have doctored the plate to make it look the same, eg a D made to look like an O...etc etc....

Ehhhh weird. The guy who lives in our area has an Arnage, Range rover and a Lamborghini Countach all with same number plate! He's one of our customers, but I don't want to ask him how he does it lol.

If that's true its definitely illegal. You can only have 1 car on 1 registration.

Im sorry guys but I'm with Wai-Fan here. I have 100% seen it on 2 cars and I seem to come across it everyday as the guy always parks same place. Isle of man plates so there must be a different rule for them unless its classed as trade plates or something? I seen the bentley and gtr constantly switched.

Ehhhh weird. The guy who lives in our area has an Arnage, Range rover and a Lamborghini Countach all with same number plate! He's one of our customers, but I don't want to ask him how he does it lol.
Try and see the tax disc...thatll settle it

Here is a photo with two cars with the same registration - H5DJR. One is my 2007 Sportback which I was trading in and the other was my new 2009 Sportback which I was collecting the following day. The dealer organises the transfer of the plate. Not strictly legal as the 2007 Sportback had, by this time, been given a replacement registration number but I leave it the dealer to prepare and fix the new plates.

A3-2009-0018.jpg