Re-applying Lacquer Coat to Alloys? DIY or no go?

Watty

..... (_!_) Sarah's A3s #1 Fan
Reaction score
Hi all,

Bought some S3 alloys for Sarah's A3 and unfortunately, although described as 'professionally refurbed', they are obviously not. Some missing lacquer to the side spokes etc. Best described as a 'fair' DIY job, but was wondering about getting them fininshed off or a DIY to add some lacquer? What do you reckon, is it worth giving it a go with cans, or take them off to a proper refurber? What sort of cash are we looking at for having them coated in lacquer for a full set of four?
Thanks.

Last edited:
If pennies allow, i'd go down the pro refurb route...if they arent that good on the top, christ alone knows what lurks under the paint!

Or shot blasted and powder coated?

My 2 pence worth.

get them refurbed completly mate otherwise theres a good chance you could see bubbling come winter time

It comes down to money tbh, its around £40 per rim to do properly. A can of paint and some wet n dry is prob £10. perps you can lacqure them for the sack of a few quid, if they come out ok then wicked if not, the worst tats gonna happen is you need to get them done properly as it were!!

I just thought, i am proper cheap aint i? LOL

Cheers Mark, Yep, thought pretty much the same thing, but what the heck.... goin to bite the bullet and get them done professionally and Sarah's sorting that out lol, as she's pretty good at that. Then we can sell her original RS6's and get some of the money back.

Last edited:
Well, if you are getting them done by the pro's , it would be rude not to have a colour change. :)

And as said, £40 a corner is the going rate and that is what the place I am using charge.

My baby pink wheels are gonna look sic.................!!!

You big puff! lol.....although that colour will suit your heels and tutu off Phil lol!!!!

imavirgin.jpg

He even lent me a hat :)

haa haa no I wont miss you, looks like you will have Evertons away kit on!

Anyway, you wont be far from the car!

i wont be sporting the tutu if i come down, though a breeze would be nice, may go with the drinking kilt