Looking for a replacement for my ex-VW Golf Mk4 1.9TDI, I was fixed minded that it has to be an Audi A3 8P as I love the shape and also it would be a great base for a personal project =). First I was in a hunt for a 2.0TDI Version as I wanted to upgrade the Turbo which was quite on the Top of my ToDoList, but unluckily I couldn't settle for one within my Budget eventhough I was quite close in getting one for £1300 but it had an engine issue and was clocked down by 100k (original milage was over 300k). Couple of days went on trying to find the right one and I opened up my mind on maybe settling for a Petrol, as it has been some while since I owned a Petrol Car. So was checking everywhere for one until I found this one quite close to me. First of all I kept distance to the 1.6 as I read online that it's a really under-powered engine for this car. So I searched on but still left the seller a message. After few days of on-going search I nearly gave up. Then few days ago (25-09-2-13), I was out with one of my mates and I was telling him about this car as he was looking to buy a new car for himself. So we decided to call the seller up and see the car. As the seller moved up north of the country, his dad showed us the car and informed us that the Engine/Gearbox had a minor issue that it has a power loss (pointing to a Lambda Sensor Issue), but we where kind of shocked seeing how much scratches the bodywork had. Me and my friend looked around the car and I went for a test drive with the car as my friend wasn't full-comp insured, so off I went. I was surprised how smooth the engine was and I hardly felt the engine was running at all whilst driving (was quite shaking while idle) and made 2 rounds around the block and was surprised that it wasn't bad at all for local driving and also there ain't an Autobahn around for at least 300miles+ to go over 70mph, so decided to take it if my mate shouldn't be interested. Well it turned out that he was quite unhappy with the bodywork, so I took my chance and spoke to the seller later that day. We agreed on £1150. Now I was up to settle that figure and I had to break all savings. Finally on Friday I went to pick up the Car and noticed that the Climate Control Unit didn't come up at all and the Glovebox was broken. Made a quick call to the seller and the final figure was settled at £1025. In that moment I couldn't wait to drive away my new pride (& bargain) which just had under 80k on the clock which I have triple checked with every possible database (VOSA/iCarCheck.net). Finally home you can see some of the Issues on the pictures I have attached for now. For now I want to drive around and fix the Engine Issue (new Lambda Sensor ordered) and see how the car is driving and start on the body step-by-step as I have money to spend into it.