Shortened signatures?

MartayMcFly

Booooooost
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Evening all (well, afternoon actually).

I've been trying to stick a line at the end of my sig to say the car's for sale, but I'm getting an error saying the max sig length is 200 characters. My current sig is longer than that, so if I deleted it all I wouldn't be able to redo it as it is now without the same error popping up.

Were the length limits of the signatures shortened at some point?

Cheers
Martin

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I don't have a pic, and it'd only be a 5th line I added (with the 4th line blank as well). So it's just a technical hitch, rather than me doing anything wrong.

Sounds like it Martin. I will look at it for you though. :) x

With all respect though, you cant allow one person & then scold another, its just wrong, if you want to be part of the team, then you have to be supporting the rules, not bending them, so IMHO as per rule No.7 you should put a link in classifieds & then post in the ebay/classifieds thread in the relevant chassis area & then show link in your sig.

This also helps sales go smoothly for all, as the classified listing should show contact number, photos, location etc to help buyers, so it can only do you favours to follow this path.

Good in theory but not so much in practice,our classifieds are flaky so we will bend the rule.

Once I get home and have sufficient band-width to put together a proper add I will, and then will link to it in the relevant for sale sections, but for now I'm having to just rely on PMs.

Nigel, I'm not even bending rule 7 - the text is only 5 lines of standard size text, with no image. It only says links are permitted, not required.