Change to Classifieds Sub Forum ?

Rom

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Has this been changed, or is it just broke for me ?

When on forum home page, i used to have options for each sub forum, Audi Cars for sale, audi parts, other parts etc. Each looked like a normal forum section when clicked on.

Now i have a greyed out Icon and Classifieds sub section. Which takes me to what looks more like a profile type page layout. Has some sub sections, but layout is off, and not nice to navigate.

b16cd8ca.jpg

Hi should be paper and pencil ? Not this icon above ?Also it all makes no sense ,the other way was better and ipad friendly :(

Please please A its was better the other way:(

Hi there

The Icon above means that it's a link not a forum... The Classifieds is no longer a forum with threads a new bit of software.

I can change the icon I think so I'll see if I can come up with something better...

Many thanks

A

Just logged on and tried to use the classified adds...and jesus its hard to navigate and the message function doesnt seem to work...

Hi A can it not just revert back to old software ,honestly It makes no sense :(

That would give you a head ache lol the other way was better :(

I must admit I find it a bit complicated to use, compared with before.
I suppose once we are all used to it we'll be fine with it!

What a horrible ****** mess. The classified section looking like you have gone retro as the software your using makes the page layout and writing look like you have gone back in time by 15+ years.

How come it was changed ? Most forums seem to keep it as you had it before.

Certainly doesnt feel as intuitive as the old style., feels dis jointed, having a different layout etc than the rest of the forum. Guess will be fine once were used to it.

Hi guys not sure why its been changed , i understand somethings have to , but if its not broken why fix ,, cause they can :(

Sorry guys but the old classified section was much easier to use and navigate.

Its so bad i feel like crying :( seriously this is my favorite site ,never off till ..now ahhh

I only saw a beta but it looked an improvement.
Can we list the flaws ?

Its not for me the new software sorry..

What a horrible ****** mess. The classified section looking like you have gone retro as the software your using makes the page layout and writing look like you have gone back in time by 15+ years.

Its not for me the new software sorry..

Thanks for the input

Sorry voorhees but the older style software was easy to use , the page layout was better and was much easier to navigate

Sorry voorhees but the older style software was easy to use , the page layout was better and was much easier to navigate
I was hoping for ideas so we can go to Admin with them,oh well.

Hi all

Mixed reception for the new classifieds.... Support for it by PM and Dislike for it here...

Let me know what changes you would like to see and no put it back the way it was won't help. There are quite a few reasons why we are going this way but we can change this to make it better. As many of you will have noticed it is changing all the time as we try and make it better.

Give me suggestions and I'll see what I can do asap.

For me the biggest problems are the current adverts that are already on the system as the images that are there are the wrong size etc... The thread part was just so that people could post and ask questions rather than PM which is the only option in most classifieds. We could make it simple and remove the thread part and just use it as a straight Classifieds.

Many thanks

A

How do you post a classified and why could the current adverts not have been transfered?

The current adverts have been transfered. If you look in your My Profile there is a tab that should have your Items in there....

If it's missing it has got lost in the transfer. We did manage to move 90%+ of the adverts.

Let me know...

Many thanks

A

Hi when I try to bring page 2 up using iPad I can't scroll the ad's up just pull the full page then no way to select further pages or previous.
thanks tom
keep up the good work big changes will always produce problems.

I Tom

Thanks for the support :) it's still work in progress :) are you talking about when you are in a section such as the audi cars for sale?
If you click the arrow for the next page you get nothing?

Many thanks

Adam

I cant seem to open items in a new tab (Safari, on a Mac), which is a pain.

I tried posting in a thread a couple of days back, and failed - don't know if that's intended or not, or just me in Muppet Mode.

The old style of listing was easier to scan down when searching - maybe split into For sale and Wanted sub-sections again (I know it can be sorted with the tabs, but it didn't seem to work for me the other day)?

The old style of listing gave more items per page - maybe something could be done there?

Just my 2p's worth

Hi Paul

Thank you fr the 2p's worth :)

I have increased the number of items in the sub catagory to 30 rather than the 15 it was.. I will look into the Mac problems and let you know.

Many thanks

A

Not gonna lie, its not good this new layout. Older style was much better and worked.

Aint broke dont fix .....

I keep getting loads of PMs about my adverts.
Can we stop theses or something please?

The new classifieds is ok but the old one worked so much better.
It was simple and not over complicated.

I like gadgets and change but can't see the benefits for us in the new one.

Apart from the ability to list all the sale, wanted and sold together.

I know I'm new around here, but if my view counts for anything, I think the classifieds were FAR better as they were, I know in web development changes can take a while to get used to, I just don't think this change was worth making, I can't see any benefits from it, it just isn't user friendly or easy on the eye like the previous classifieds were.

Good luck sorting it out, regardless! :)

Would there be any possibility of reverting to the old set-up?

Would there be any possibility of reverting to the old set-up?

Admin is still working on it, when its completed it will be far superior to the old set up. :)

So this new Classifieds are harder to search and harder to view. Why did you change something that wasn't broken?

Hi Inkiboo

That was one of the reasons its been changed is that it did keep breaking and I had to keep fixing it... As a user it was great but from my point of view it was a pain in the backside and ultimately not supportable.

This will get better and we will be able to do more with it and make it easier to use.

What are you finding so difficult about the new systems? Let me know and I'll see if we can incorperate your suggestions. The look of the pages doesn't count that's already being sorted :)

A