Marked as read

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
Any one else noticing that threads you've read, made or replied in are not being shown as read?

I noticed it this afternoon in work but thought nothing of it but its doing it at home on the PC and laptop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that when you were the last poster?

Is this even with an F5 refresh of the page or clicking of whats new again?

Is that when you were the last poster?

Is this even with an F5 refresh of the page or clicking of whats new again?

Read a thread, click new posts and its still marked as unread.
Read a thread and post in the thread, click new posts and its still marked as unread.

Yup, F5 and CTRL+F5.

Assume its just me then?

But were you the last person to post on the unread thread or was there another post after you, as to me if thats the case it stands to reason, but if you posted last in that thread, then its not correct, unless its not recognising you correctly when viewing the list of threads & therefore showing an unknown user as such threads new to them, do you get me?

I know what you're saying.
This thread for example.
Soon as I've done posting this msg, i'll go to the top and click 'new posts'.
All the new posts will then be displayed and this post will still be unread even though I was the last person to post in it.

If i read a post (shark fin aerial for example), I've read the post, not posted but noted the last person to post. I click 'new posts' and its still unread. even thought i've read the post.
They use to make it as read even though i've not posted.

Then based on this info, thats either a setting needs enabling by admin, a setting in your cp or a bug.

Then based on this info, thats either a setting needs enabling by admin, a setting in your cp or a bug.

There was a update or change made around dinner time and it all happened since then.
I've tested it on 3 different PCs, 2 different operating systems, 2 different browsers and 2 different internet connections. All with the same out come.

Thanks for trying mate. :)

Mine shows as read, only tested in Bugs Forum, but I hazard its global setting for me, so should be site wide.

Was this upgrade to counter the issue few days back Ad?

Nope it was today :) got rid of the other little problem at the same time (sorry no more drugs for you all). Is it just the icon not dimming? the text going from bold seems to work ok.

A

iPaddy will be ****** :)

Its working fine for me, text no longer bold & icon dimming? Remind me which one that is?

It's working fine here.

My test: I went into the B7 forum where there were unread posts; opened one thread, then used the bread-crumb to navigate back to the forum index. The icon had changed and the title was no longer bold. I then used the 'Mark this forum read' option to deal with the others; same result. When I navigated back out to the main index the icon there showed the read state, and when I went back into the B7 forum there were no unread posts.

Firefox 4.0, Windows 7 32bit.

Will try other ways to recreate...

//R