Tyre wear - Some sort of record or some sort of fault?
So have just killed my first set of tyres on my S3 sportback after just under 6000 miles!
So obviously somewhat surprised!! First some facts:
1) Brand new 2009 S3 sportback with OEM tyres (Conti Sport Pilot IIRC?) with magnetic ride.
2) Used almost entirely on my commute to work/school drop offs. This does involve 12 miles of NSL-ish welsh B road each way.
3) Tyre pressures checked regularly and left at manufacturer figures for 1-3 up.
4) Tend to run mag ride in sport mode.
5) Tend to hoon corners and boot to overtake!
6) ALL 4 tyres are uniformly worn - no obvious signs of odd wear patterns across the treada
7) I have previous killed a set of rears on a VX220 Turbo in 5000 miles on the same commute - normal would be nearer 10!
8) For what it's worth, average mpg since new is 23.6mpg.
9) Only about 1 trip in 4 is on my own, and I don't push it with family on board!
So a) anyone else in the same boat? Is mag ride very hard on tyres??
Will replace with some Goodyear F1's as had very good experience of these on our A4.
Comments, insults, er welcome?