THE RECENT STOLEN CAR THREAD
OK Folks, I know this is going to disappoint a lot of you, but after having followed this thread as it developed, I'm afraid it has now been locked and moved.
One member remarked:
I have to say that it does have some (if not, all) of those things; however key things I would note might be:
This is my all time number one favourite thread.
Its got everything:
- missing persons
Now it just needs a murder. Can someone sort me out with a good murder on here before my tea ?
- Tonnes of waffle/spam
- Needless arguing (and in cases not even disguised as debate)
- Foul language
- Possible publication of private information
- Character assassination (of numerous people)
- Bigotry / Racism (of course this is debatable - BUT THAT WILL NOT TAKE PLACE HERE)
All good enough reasons by themselves to consider locking the thread, and combined are more than enough reason to lock it and shift it; and now even more so that the actual topic had become extremely diluted, with no likely resolution.
I appreciate that the majority of members were perfectly well behaved in this thread, and at the same time I also appreciate the majority were either:
a) simply trying to help
b) wanting to get to the bottom of any of the thread's numerous mysteries
C) just taking part in the entertainment of it all - I would agree that for the most part it was a good read
However I have to say that some of the discussion fell a little below par, and to be completely blunt about it, I was heartily disappointed in the content of a handful of posts. I'm not going to quote those things, even to those who posted them - but I will just say that I sincerely hope not to read similar again. More direct action will be taken if that eventuality arises.
Once again, apologies to all those who were well behaved and enjoying the thread, but I hope you can understand the decision...
PS> Don't worry, Fish Cakes aren't on the hitlist for now
- Honestly, I'd been reading all along fella, but it's good to know that a) there is a mischievous side of you that would like to see us panicking, and b) you don't think we're bright enough to use the search function ;) :lmfao: :)
Originally Posted by mitch78