Questions/Concerns... A3 FSI 2.0 Sport
Hi all, my first posting here...
Just taken ownership of a 2003 (53 plate) A3 FSI 2.0 Sport and have a couple of concerns. The car has only done 34k miles (allegedly, although all the past MOTs seem to support it) and has had one owner.
Here are my concerns...
1) The engine is more noisy than I expected. From inside the car I can't hear it idling. Outside the car it is very "ticky". Sounds nice and clean when revving it, but on idle it sounds very "tappity".
Been reading the forums and this seems to be common on Turbo FSI's... am I right? But on non-turbos is this normal??
2) When going over speed bumps at a 'normal speed bump speed' I have noticed a noise. It's hard to explain but is kinda like a scratching noise, as if you were to rub a bit of sandpaper on a piece of wood once! :wacko:
It's only when the front of the car goes over the bump (climbing up onto the bump, and coming down the other side of it), but the back on the car is silent. Any ideas???
3) The other day I started the car and I heard some beeps. Then all of a sudden I had a warning on the DIS "stop engine, check coolant levels". I turned engine off, check coolant and it was fine. Switched car back on, warning still there. Left the engine running and after about 5 seconds I could hear the engine fan switch on. Now there's no way the car could've been hot as it has been sitting parked for about 3 hours.
Anyway, switched off again, left the car for about 10mins, switched back on, warning gone!!
I had changed a rear light bulb during the time the car was first off. Longshot, but could that have caused a brief bit of electrical confusion for it??
4) When idling I can feel a slight vibration through the clutch pedal when resting my foot on it. It's not a smooth consistant vibration like a mobile phone vibrating, it's more like a slower random bubbling feeling. If I press the clutch it goes. Can't feel it through any of the other pedals, and there is no vibration anywhere else in the car i.e. steering, gearknob, etc.
I have also noticed that there is vibration when I pull off in first gear. This is more like a mobile phone vibration, but it only present as you engage and pull off. It's gone as soon as the clutch is fully up and you're driving using the gas pedal only.
Is this "clutch judder"?? Does this mean problems are lurking???
5) Finally, the interior light doesn't work. Nothing when you open the doors or try to switch it on manually. It's not the bulbs, and it's not the fuse (checked). All other electrics work, it's just the interior light.
Anything else it could be?? What else can I check??
Sorry for the long post, but you know how it is when your new toy isn't as perfect as you wanted it to be, or is different to what you are used to.
Got 3 months of warranty so I'd like to have any possible problems looked at asap.