it's about time to start my own s3 build thread
we...i got my ibis white s3 8p facelift brand new 20 months ago...since then i've done 23000km's and i absolute love it...
1) after 1000km's i went to my local tuner to get forge CAI and short shift fitted and even it was still runing in i've noticed a little difference in performance, and the short shift was a nice little mod. had few problems untill it's been sorted nicely. IMHO this car should have short shift from factory...
2) few months after it was time to order new exhaust. Milltek non-res TBE. after that turbo was spooling easier and faster, and the sound has been improved. it's nice and quiet while cruising, but it loud on high revs. and it looks good :D ...
3) then i've got new black grill...
4)then it has been remaped to 320hp and 450Nm of torque...
and soon after that it was time for new revision "D" OEM diverter valve as old one was broken...
5) after that it was getting hot so i've got brand new forge twintercooler...it wasn't straight fit on the facelift but after making few custom pipes it was fited nicely....and all i can say there was a huuuge diference in performance after fiting this especially in 3rd 4th gear!!!!
6) now it was time to sort handling and suspension and few more things on the engine, so i've got whiteline anti lift kit, h&r arbs, and kw v3 coilovers, and forge dv.
well i had rev D valve but after fiting forge dv with yellow spring it's holds boost little better.
as for arb's and walk i think that this is best upgrade of all i've have done so far. it transforms the car really, there is no more understeer and turning is far more sharp and precise. and you get a little more feeling of the road throught the steering wheel. love it. i think that i should have done it before.
as for coilies..only did with them few km's so can't tell much really about them anyway here are few pics of the car with them...
first drop as kw suggests...
...and the last one as i wanted it to be lower :D so now it's lowest on the back, and on the front there is about 0,5-0,8cm's left. i think that it sits now nicely..
i really like the look with the latest drop.
at the end there are few things left to sort out as a catch tank,fuel pump (wich i have), and the clutch as it slipping, and then stage 2+. after that maybe it would be time for new wheels :D
at the end i hope you like it, as much as i do. it's really fun car and with few mods it really becomes something special that doesn't have competition on the road..:beerchug: thanks for reading :p