P3103 V157 - Motor Intake Manifold Flap (Prob Fixed and How to Fix too)
Got a bit of a problem on my 2.0 TDI 140.
The yellow engine management light flicks on and off but when i put it to VAGCOM, this fault code came up.
I erased it and it came back instantly:
P3103 V157 - Motor Intake Manifold Flap.
The internet says:
19559/P3103 - Motor for Intake Manifold Flap (V157), Malfunction
- Higher fuel consumption - (Mine seems fine, Doing 53mpg yesterday)
- Insufficient acceleration above 100-120 kmh (Nope, mine keeps accelerating well above that speed)
- Shutting off the engine is not nice and easy (Erm...No, It goes off when i pull the key out)
- Intake Manifold Flap (V157) or the motor for V157 doesn't work well.
- Check wiring and connections (Which wiring?? - fuses are fine)
- Check / Replace V157, but probably you have to replace the whole EGR
The only thing which is wrong is it idles a bit rough sometimes when cold and sometimes, when reversing out the driveway when the cars cold, it stalls....(its a DSG)
- The Intake Manifold Flap (V157) has a function in the EGR and in shutting off the (diesel) engine.
The internet says the EGR valve is at fault...Is it? Also, would this mean it is faulty or it needs a good clean. Cars done 60k.
Help would be reallly really appreciated :D