Finally bought my 2.0TFSI! Finally part of the forum. Its green?
Hi, so yesterday i finally bought my 2.0TFSI A3 quattro sportback for £4350.
Well happy with it overall, full leather, symphony upgrade, twin panoramic roofs, and in super great overall condition for the amount of miles (119k). Also just been MOT'd for a year.
2 Problems - Car needs a service asap (done 20k since last) and it has an advisory on the front discs corroding.
As i am a music student, this purchase has in fact completely skint me so my modding will not be starting till after september (which is my student loan time!). But i will need a lot of help as im completely new to any modding and car repairs etc, but i will try and not give up easily.
- De-badging the back (or at least the 2.0t badge) i want people to think its a standard engine :P
- Front chrome and Audi badge, i will be plasti dipping black.
- Headlight bulbs all need changing from the horrible orange colour, i would like an 8000k look bulb. Phillips do one is it? (i do like to blue tint though) advice please?
- Window tints? Not sure on this though as i do think it gives a certain impression instantly. And the windows look tinted green already ?!
- Audi-sport.net sticker? :P lol
Now im gonna need some advice here as the car has done 119k miles, so im guessing the clutch and turbo hose's need checking or replacing to make sure its all working to full.
- New brakes with discs for the front, considering the MOT advisory. Some BIG brakes for future proofing, advice?.
- Forge twin air intake? outthought i would like something a bit cheaper. anyone seen the S2000 air intake used for the 8L model? something similar, advice?
- Uprated FMIC, to the THS? one, or maybe just S3 stock one, then with the forge twincooler upgrade so i can show it at the front.
- Custom remap to 265bhp? Looking for stock S3 power.
Now im not sure if im asking too much with the 260bhp, would i need a 'turbo back exhaust'? im not too sure about that sort of stuff except i defiantly want it resonated. (my focus st170 was LOUD).
Am i asking too much from an engine thats done 119k miles or along as i get it checked for boost leak etc it should be fine?
Now for a few pics! i hope you like the GREEN. i thought it was black when i went to buy LOL, (thought the guy just had a dodgey camera!).
Uploaded with ImageShack.us