Brake upgrade... which one should I go for?!
Hi there... I am going to upgrade the braking system, but there are a few questions that I wish to seek some opinion...
Here are some information on the background:
- I am driving a MY09 S3 Sportback
- Not intending to bring her on the track, but may do so in couple years time tho it. be very occational
- Average driving, with 70% highway and 30% City
- Reason for considering the upgrade is that I felt the stopping power is insufficient when the speed is over 100km, and the stopping distance is bit too long.
- Using Pro Drive GC-05K wheels with ET-50 offset (..,I think).
- How many ports (on the caliper) should I aim for?
- What size of the disc best suites my usage
- Which brand should I choose, Brembo? MTM (which is also Brembo I think)? Alcon?
- Should I upgrade the brake fluid pump as well? What options do I have?
Sorry for asking all.these questions... but is there anything else I missed?
Thanks souch.for your opinions!!!!