Audi finance, part exchange and not happy customer
Not impressed, although some of my friends think im just being me but id be happy to hear what you have to say...
Ive created a few threads about my experience of buying an A3 and the experience hasnt been the best one.
Until today I was unsure whether to take my car 1st few days in august or leave it till september for a 59 plate. I decided to take it in september.
As the topic suggests i took out audi finance, 3 year pcp with my car. There was a dealer discount of £1000 advertised on their website and 'instore'. I was using my car as a part exchange and using the equity towards the deposit.
So, I sat down with the salesman and was told the PX price would come from Glasses Guide however the px price couldnt be determind until i collect the car as the price may go up or down.
I was told my part exchange value would be £7500. I thereafter payed a deposit and signed a 'Vehicle Sales Order' form agreeing to purchase the new car.
Moving forward until this week...
I contact the salesman via email to clarify a few points re the part exchange.
On looking at the 'Vehicle Sales Order' form and noticed that the part exchange value of my car (under "Part exchange offered" was £1000 less than what i had been quoted and £1000 less than what the Glasses guide recommend. I am aware that glasses is a recommendation.
The salesman emailed back to say that the "part exchange we are giving you £7500 as a part exchange is made up by £6500 for your car and £1000 discount from the new car"
I emailed back to say that the £1000 discount shouldnt be taken into account of the part exchange as i am entitled to this regardless of me trading in or not.
I just recieved an email there from the salesman saying that "The £1000 does make up part of the px figure...your car is worth £7500 against the window price of the vehicle. £6500 is what we are getting for your car from a trader in August".
I know this is quite a long post but the questions I have before i get back to him are;
1. Surely they cant use the £1000 discount towards the part exchange price of my car as this is independant?
2. I know i cant cancel the agreement as ill lose the deposit but is it as well just saying to them that ill trade my car in privately and just take a bank loan to pay the finance?
3. I was led to believe that i was being offered £7500 (which the salesman has put in writing in the email as quoted above) - are they trying to get extra money from me? I know on the vehicle sales order form it says px figure is £6500 and i should have read it before signing but at the end of the say this isnt binding as the trade-in will go up and down.
4. What is my best course of action and what should i get back to them saying?
5. Is there anybody outside the dealer, head office maybe, that would be interested? or really am i figiting a losing battle. all im looking for is my px to be what glasses are offering and not using the £1000 discount towards it
As a new customer to Audi i have to say - im not impressed
Thanks again, id be interested to hear what people have to say - positive or negative.
thanks for reading