I'm currently the very happy owner of a 99 Audi A3 1.8TS which I've been thinking of 'upgrading' to a similarly spec'd new-shape A3 (the 8P chassis)
I wonder if those more in the know of me could shed some light on the following for me....?
- What model of 8P will offer similar performance/economy/spec to my 1.8TS?
- What items are essentials/nice-to-have's on the spec list when looking 2nd-hand?
- What can I expect to pay for something like an 03 to 05?
- When did they start fitting double-DIN audio set up's to the 8P A3? I ask as I'd love to do the RNS-E upgrade when I next had some cash around.
- Looks: I'm definatley after the sport look rather than the SE-type styling
- I'm not yet 25 so I can't go too mad (I'm thinking 3.2!) as insurance will become daft.
- I'm in Leeds, West Yorks - can anyone recommend any sellers of good second-hand A3's?
Apologies for all the questions, but I thought this'd be the right place to look for for answers.